Quick - 4Star sealer - Green or White pad ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Quick - 4Star sealer - Green or White pad ????

I can't remember which one goes with which. I have both. One for Optimum polish - one for Four Star sealer. I think it's the green but I'm not sure. Please help.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Dont use white for sealants........It does have an abrasive function....
Old 09-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See post #18 of this thread . . . should answer your question.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I kind of have to disagree with using any pad that offers any cut for applying a wax or sealant. Waxes or sealants should be applied at a fairly slow clip with a UDM or PC, insuring no pad marring. Speed can be compensated with arm movement also.............(Im guilty of running a little higher then normal)
White Polishing Foam- Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.
And Im not blaming you Haw..........But first they say for application of waxes, fine polishes and sealants, then they say it has very light cutting power? With so many pads available, why would one chose the same pad for light polishing as they would sealant application?
My analogy of the white pad: Use with very light abrasive polishes, or cleaner -sealants/waxes. Expect very light swirl removal with this pad. Pads density allows additional pressure when using for more stubborn stains and swirls.

This pad actually comes from the same family as the Orange pad, but less dense.
Sort of a "mini me" version of the Orange pad..........I would not dare apply a sealant with it though.....
Old 09-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by exceldetail
My analogy of the white pad: Use with very light abrasive polishes, or cleaner -sealants/waxes. Expect very light swirl removal with this pad. Pads density allows additional pressure when using for more stubborn stains and swirls.

This pad actually comes from the same family as the Orange pad, but less dense.
Sort of a "mini me" version of the Orange pad..........I would not dare apply a sealant with it though.....
You're absolutely right Patrick, the white pad should not be used to apply sealant/wax. The LC White pads has more density than the pads used to apply liquid waxes and sealants (finessing & finishing pads). No excuses on that one, should have read it first . . . .