Question on Zaino ZFX

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 11:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on Zaino ZFX

I just got my shipment. The bottle of the ZFX stuff is only half full. Is this normal? I was expecting the little blue bottle to be full.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:51 AM
Team Owner

Strange, but normal.
I E-Mailed Sal on this and he said that’s the way it is.

I’ve used mine quite a bit and the level has hardly gone down at all.
I should be good for the rest of the summer at least.

Shawn S
Old 06-13-2002, 12:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Shawn,

Wil this ZFX enhance the shine any, or is it only for quick application? I'm very happy with waiting for it to dry. In the FL sun it only takes a few minutes anyway.
Old 06-13-2002, 12:42 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by JasonT
Wil this ZFX enhance the shine any, or is it only for quick application?
I believe it just makes it dry faster and eliminates the need for Z-1.
Although in the sense that you can get more coats on the car faster, I guess it DOES enhance the shine.

Shawn S
Old 06-13-2002, 01:28 PM
Advanced

I would think that it not only helps the dry-time but the time it takes to 'bond' with paint/previous layers... ie. you don't need to wait as long to reapply the next layer when using ZFX whereas without it, I believe it's suggested to wait 24hrs. (or something like that) before reapplying the next coat.
Old 06-13-2002, 03:19 PM
Advanced

I noticed an increase in shine when I first used the ZFX last December on my wife's silver Civic, as opposed to the Z-1/Z-2 combo.

The ZFX vial will cover two 8-ounce bottles of polish easily
Old 06-14-2002, 01:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by CLSinTO
I would think that it not only helps the dry-time but the time it takes to 'bond' with paint/previous layers... ie. you don't need to wait as long to reapply the next layer when using ZFX whereas without it, I believe it's suggested to wait 24hrs. (or something like that) before reapplying the next coat.

Without the ZFX, a "rebond" using the Z1 is required every 10 coats or about every 6-months.

You definitly need to wait 24 hrs withOUT the ZFX before reapplication.

With the ZFX, three coats in a day is a no brainer.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by stenoslave
I noticed an increase in shine when I first used the ZFX last December on my wife's silver Civic, as opposed to the Z-1/Z-2 combo.

The ZFX vial will cover two 8-ounce bottles of polish easily

depends on how many drops per oz. of Z2/Z5 is added, but I'm sure your right. I go a bit heavier and think I'll get through a bottle and half with just one of my ZFX kits...
Old 06-14-2002, 08:55 AM
Advanced

There's supposedly 80 drops in that vial. So doing the math, if you use 4 drops per ounce of Z2/5, that's 20 ounces of polish, divided by 8, equals 2.5 bottles of either the Z-2 or Z-5.
Old 06-14-2002, 09:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by stenoslave
There's supposedly 80 drops in that vial. So doing the math, if you use 4 drops per ounce of Z2/5, that's 20 ounces of polish, divided by 8, equals 2.5 bottles of either the Z-2 or Z-5.
Well, I have few ZFX kits and few bottles of Z2 and Z5...

I received some ZFX as soon as I could get it and then bought another kit or two (still on first kit )

My ZFX bottles have slightly different levels of liquid in them. (and drops are not some standard and vary with temp and all kinds of factors)

I was told that the drop count could range from 50-80 (depending on which distributor, etc I talked to...)

I tend to toward the heavy side with 5-drops (at least now).

Here is what Sal says on his site:

"Mixing ZFX™ with Show Car Polish
Each ZFX™ kit comes with a 2ml vial of accelerator mix and several 2 ounce mixing bottles. A single ZFX™ kit provides enough mix to accommodate 16 ounces of Zaino Show Car Polish.

Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4 to 5 drops of ZFX™ (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds.

While you get your towels and applicators ready, allow the ZFX™ enabled Zaino Show Car Polish to sit for five minutes so the ZFX™ can begin activating the polish. Give the applicator bottle a final shake for 10 seconds before using...."

BTW, one of the interesting things is about a "drop" -- there is no such thing as a uniform "drop"... If you actually get 2.5 bottles/per ZFX kit – more power to ya!
Old 06-16-2002, 01:09 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

All I know is that the stuff works!!!

I used it over the winter here in DC in my garage, it made easy work to put on my initial coats of Zaino. I just got another kit of ZFX for the summer coats of Zaino, which shall be applied starting tomorrow, my day off.

"Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4 to 5 drops of ZFX™ (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds"

I thought I was doing it right, I used 10 drops per bottle of mix and got great results, anyone use less and have good results.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by dajuice27
All I know is that the stuff works!!!

I used it over the winter here in DC in my garage, it made easy work to put on my initial coats of Zaino. I just got another kit of ZFX for the summer coats of Zaino, which shall be applied starting tomorrow, my day off.

"Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4 to 5 drops of ZFX™ (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds"

I thought I was doing it right, I used 10 drops per bottle of mix and got great results, anyone use less and have good results.
I'm sure it's fine...

I run to the heavy side with 5-drops -- it works great... IF only got a bottle and 1/2 out of the stuff, I'd be happy (and I'm not saying that's all you get). Being able to toss three coats on in a day is great (and about all my body can take...)