Question about Vanilla Moose Glaze

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Vanilla Moose Glaze

I just have a quick question about the application of the VM Hand Glaze. The instructions say that the product can be removed wet or dry. I've been removing it while wet, ad get nice results, but was wondering if I may get better results by letting it dry. Thanks alot!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Burning Brakes

VM has slight protective abilities as well as being a decent glaze; by letting it haze you're just letting it setup like any polymer/wax. I very rarely let it dry since I wouldn't use it as a solo LSP; I always put something over it.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JackieO
VM has slight protective abilities as well as being a decent glaze; by letting it haze you're just letting it setup like any polymer/wax. I very rarely let it dry since I wouldn't use it as a solo LSP; I always put something over it.
I never use it as a stand alone. I've been putting Carnauba Moosewax over it with excellent results. So since I'm topping it, removing it while wet is fine?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Yep.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Instructor

Cool, thanks alot.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperCoupe93
I never use it as a stand alone. I've been putting Carnauba Moosewax over it with excellent results. So since I'm topping it, removing it while wet is fine?
Excellent, easy to use combo......I wish Everette had a Polymer though! Im just not a big Nuba fan...........
Old 06-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Excellent, easy to use combo......I wish Everette had a Polymer though! Im just not a big Nuba fan...........
I've been using blends and full polymers for a long time, and I love the durability and surface shine, but the richness and depth I got the the Carnauba Moose is fantastic. I really don't mind waxing it ever couple of months because I enjoy doing it, I find it relaxing, and it doesn't take too long. After using this nuba, and seeing the results, It's going to be hard for me to geo back to a polymer. And you're definitely right, the ease of use of the Clearkote products is really nice.

Could you recommend a good polish to use? I used the powerpolish last time I polished, and the results were really nice, but I still have some deep water marks that it did not remove. I've heard menzerna medium cut is a great polish, but I've heard the same about the poorboys series. Which poorboys would you recommend? Is there anything special about them I should know about?

Also, if I go with a heavy cut poorboys, will I get compound haze? Should I step from the polish to a light polish, like Megs swirl remover? THe powerpolish leaves no haze at all, and I stepped from that directly to the glaze. can I do that with poorboys?

Last edited by SuperCoupe93; 06-20-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
SC, I need the Polys durability when detailing client cars, and truthfully, they deserve it. Th Clearkote Products were one of the first products, i started using and selling. They really are user friendly and offer excellent results. But when I need a true glaze I normally go for the One Grand Omega Glaze. The VM will always hav a home in my detailing arsenal, simply a very versatile and amazing product.
Im assuming your using a PC with the Menz PP? Try a couple passes at lower speeds, like 5, then for the final 3rd/4th pass, jump to 6, but maintain your lineal motion as with speed 5. Menz is an excellent product, from what I have heard. Ive only had the opportunity to sample it, I havent tried there full line yet. I did try to bring them aboard, but apparently they werent interested in west coast distribution. (After they told me they were desperately looking for one) Go figure. I could rant about it but why bother.
Anyway...Poorboys is great stuff also. Not as fine as Menz but it gets the job done in a fine manner. SSR 2.5 can be finicky. Ive gone straight to LSP on Fords, but have had nerve racking results using it on German paints. You may want to also consider Optimums 3 polishes. I have yet to find a polish as forgiving as the Optimum Line. Its really that incredible, all three of them.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Instructor

I'll have to give them a try. Thanks alot for the advice, it's greatly appreciated!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Amen! I love CMW (and waxes in general), but I would very much like it clearkote had a sealant as well.