Pre Wash Cleaner ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Pre Wash Cleaner ?

I can't wash my 04TL as often as I would like, so I need to pre-clean the nasty stuff that the soap and lambswool cannot readily take off. I have been using Pro Honda Clean and Shine, but its pretty expensive. Any other recommendations?
Old 07-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like nothing more then a Quick Detailer.......Clearkote QuikShine is real affordable and offers excellent results......
Old 07-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Do you mean something to use as a pre-soak to help loosen up/remove tougher stuff from the car when it is really dirty (like bird crap and bugs)? If that is what you mean, I use Poorboys Bug Squash (usually diluted 1:1 with water). After letting it sit on the car for a bit, rinse it off, then continue with your normal washing process.

If you just mean something to help keep the car clean between washes, then any quick detailer or waterless wash would probably be be fine, as excel mentioned. Poorboys and Optimum make good waterless washes. QD's from anywhere would probably be fine (ex Megs or whatever).
Old 07-08-2006, 05:28 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll answer the original question on pre-washing but will add this is an expensive option (more suited to to AR compulsive detailers (that's not me though ;-)
Stage One Prewash-http://www.stratmosphere.com/STAGE/index.htm

Foam Spray Gun:
(Butchers® Shower Foam Gun - http://www.messnerinc.com/webapp/cat...em=BAQ-4165900) Fill the container with a wash solution (Stage One Prewash-http://www.stratmosphere.com/STAGE/index.htm) preferably one that that contains an amino functional surfactants; this is defined as a material that can greatly reduce the surface tension of water when used in very low concentrations Mixing liquid soap (preferably one that contains glycerine or oil to provide lubrication) and water, and them adding air will produce foam, which becomes a Sequestant (Sequester [: to hold in solution) which encapsulates the soils (dirt / grit / etc) and enables their removal without intimate contact with the paint surface, minimizing surface marring or scratches.

By using a pH balanced ( to help preserve your wax /sealant ) foam wash will help to remove damaging dirt particles from your paint it's also provides a cushion (foam) to enable a towel to glide just above the surface to avoid rubbing any dirt /grit into your paint finish,

Methodology- Select a suitable dilution setting of the five available. Take your time and flow the foam over each panel, allow to dwell for about 10 minutes or so, then agitate with a sheepskin mitt or a foam core waffle weave Microfiber towel using the foam gun in one hand, and the mitt in the other, once all of the panels have been completed, rinse vehicle with clean water and dry thoroughly.