poliseal/upp

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
poliseal/upp

I did a little mini detail on my car today, i decided to give the poli seal a whirl, i have to say i am a little disapointed...i used it exactly how the directions said to use it...there is zero chance of using this product for any correction at all, zero....it also says its zero dusting, and the stuff was dusting all over the place, it was pissing me off because i didnt feel the need to take any precautions for this as the product said zero dusting...

i used poliseal with a white pad on udm setting 3, i used medium pressure and went back and fourth nice and slow until product dissapeared...after i did the whole car i went over with a few micro fibers and wiped the rest of the residue off...after i was done i used a grey lc pad on speed 2 to do the upp which i have used in the past...when i got done, i was pleased with the outcome, but i have to give most of the credit to the upp, this shit is the bomb....next time i will just do a normal polish, and use the dwg followed by the upp...i liked it better....

i guess i was just hopping to get a short cut from the poli seal and not have to do any real polishing and get some protection at the same time...i have to say that after the poliseal the car wasnt real slick either, nothing even close to the upp which in my opinion is second to none in the slickness category...
Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm, that's interesting. when i used poliseal, i noticed there seemed to be a lot less dusting an when i used fourstar.

i used a white pad on the 3/4 setting initially, then clicked it up to 5/6. i think it got rid of some finer scratches, but there was definitely still some swirls/scratches it didn't get out.

i used optimum spray wax to close off with it. i think going forward, i'm going to do the same sequence you mentioned, but use a dedicated polish.

optimum polish
optimum poliseal
fourstar UPP
optimum spray wax

hopefull that'll correct whatever scratches are on the surface.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Safety Car

yea, i think that would be best...i have a few other polishes, i just thought that since my car only gets a few swirls here and there every 6 months that i could use the ps instead of polish...guess not....

call me lazy, i just would like to figure out a way to cut out a 3rd pass with my udm and keep it to a 2 pass project....
Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
The Detailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's weird, I've never experienced any dusting from Poli-Seal. The only dusting I've experienced has been from Poorboy's World products and Menzerna.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Safety Car

dude, this stuff dusted up like poorboys polish.....honestly, it didnt start dusting until about 1/2 way through the job...but it dusted none the less....i hate dusting, but i would have covered up my windows and stuff if i knew it would dust....
Old 10-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I have used 3+ bottles of PoliSeal and never had any dusting at all .. nada.

You sure you didn't use way too much?

BTW for Poliseal to do any correction at all you need to run the PC on 5 or 6 and make slow passes. It won't do any more than clean at 3 on the PC on a white pad.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
I have used 3+ bottles of PoliSeal and never had any dusting at all .. nada.

You sure you didn't use way too much?

BTW for Poliseal to do any correction at all you need to run the PC on 5 or 6 and make slow passes. It won't do any more than clean at 3 on the PC on a white pad.
i was wondering if my pad got too saturated by the end of the car and maybe thats why it was dusting.....

dale you say it makes for a great base for sealants...i hope so anyway, i put upp on right after i got done with the poliseal...the surface did feel really clean like it didnt have any protection on it....

Last edited by vinnier6; 10-20-2008 at 07:57 PM.