Paint work in Northern/Central NJ area for my TSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paint work in Northern/Central NJ area for my TSX

Hi everyone, I posted this in Problems and Fixes, but this might be a better spot:

It's been a while since i've been on the board, but i'm back on bad terms. We have a few paint chips on the bumper, not a big deal, but last night in our apartment's garage, my fiance scraped against one of the pillar's and scratched the driver side rear fender a bit.

I definitely want to get this fixed, and while i'm at it, might as well get the 3 small dimple dents. I know a guy in Pennsylvania to do paintless dent remover, but it's a pain to go to stroudbserg or possibly scranton during the week to get it done.

Does anyone know of a good place in new jersey, preferably close to Hoboken, where I can get the scratches painted over and the bumper touched up, and the dents removed?

Has anyone ever gone to the dealer for work like this? Other than probably being overpriced, are there any issues with them?

Hopefully, i can take some pics tonight and show the scratches if necessary, but basically, the scratches are down to the white surface which i believe is the primer.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJ Body Repair

Best body shop/ painter I've found, after sampling several over the years, is Foreign Specialties in Manville. It's a drive for you. I asked my mechanic who he used for body shop repairs, and paint, and this was it. The best matching of the car's original finish I've seen for the price. They match the level of orange peel and shade pretty well. I had a silver POS Audi, and it came out undetectable.
I'm thinking about taking in the TSX because of all the stone chips with the crap paint.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by timp
Best body shop/ painter I've found, after sampling several over the years, is Foreign Specialties in Manville. It's a drive for you. I asked my mechanic who he used for body shop repairs, and paint, and this was it. The best matching of the car's original finish I've seen for the price. They match the level of orange peel and shade pretty well. I had a silver POS Audi, and it came out undetectable.
I'm thinking about taking in the TSX because of all the stone chips with the crap paint.
Funny, I've gone twice down the street from there to Collision Tech. They do a really good job, too. I've had no problems there, and they're pretty quick.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I use Lorenzos auto body in Kearny. Good work at a reasonable price. I had my entire left side repainted twice from getting hit and both times it came out looking like stock.