ordered 2 big blue II towels

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004 | 08:31 AM
Team Owner

Here’s a question for you guys that DON'T like the Leaf-Blower.
Do you use Zaino?
Zaino users seem to be the most fanatical about the blowers.

We’ve been having a really RAINY summer here and I’m far behind on my usual car care routine.
I washed the car Saturday for the first time in weeks and the blower didn’t work all that well.
That’s because it’s been several MONTHS since my car has seen any Z-Treatments.
When that “super slippery” surface starts to deteriorate, the blower just isn’t as effective.
Old 08-23-2004 | 08:51 AM
Drifting

seeing someone use a leaf blower looks so :ghey:
Old 08-23-2004 | 09:56 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Shawn S
Here’s a question for you guys that DON'T like the Leaf-Blower.
Do you use Zaino?
Zaino users seem to be the most fanatical about the blowers.

We’ve been having a really RAINY summer here and I’m far behind on my usual car care routine.
I washed the car Saturday for the first time in weeks and the blower didn’t work all that well.
That’s because it’s been several MONTHS since my car has seen any Z-Treatments.
When that “super slippery” surface starts to deteriorate, the blower just isn’t as effective.
I've seen the way Zaino sheets water... Blackfire makes water sheet in the exact same way. So, at least for me, I can see where you're going with this...

I just don't feel that walking around the car with a leaf blower is going to make me any better off versus using the BB II. Granted I might not get every drop out of wheels or window areas, but really... Is a drop or two going to make that much of a difference?

I can dry my car in very little time with this product. While it might not get every last drop, it's way too convinient a product to not use.

Old 08-23-2004 | 09:58 AM
Administrator Alumnus

The only benefit I could see is it's much less likely to scratch a car with a leaf blower versus the BB II. But if you're careful with the towel, the risk is minimal.
Old 08-23-2004 | 10:02 AM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by Scrib
I've seen the way Zaino sheets water... Blackfire makes water sheet in the exact same way. So, at least for me, I can see where you're going with this...

I just don't feel that walking around the car with a leaf blower is going to make me any better off versus using the BB II. Granted I might not get every drop out of wheels or window areas, but really... Is a drop or two going to make that much of a difference?

I can dry my car in very little time with this product. While it might not get every last drop, it's way too convinient a product to not use.

any car that's got a good coat of wax on it will sheet water
Old 08-23-2004 | 10:03 AM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by Scrib
The only benefit I could see is it's much less likely to scratch a car with a leaf blower versus the BB II. But if you're careful with the towel, the risk is minimal.

see, I think there is more of a chance to scratch w/ a leaf blower, because the chances of you kicking up dirt from the ground are more likely.
Old 08-23-2004 | 10:48 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Originally Posted by CLpower
see, I think there is more of a chance to scratch w/ a leaf blower, because the chances of you kicking up dirt from the ground are more likely.
Shawn's argument will be that it's no worse than driving 80mph on the highway...

I dunno. As long as you keep the thing pointed at the panels on the car, I don't see much harm that can be done. It'd be much easier to trap something underneath a towel and scratch the paint that way, IHMO. But being careful, the risk is low IMHO.
Old 08-23-2004 | 08:08 PM
///M POWER

thats whats happeneing when i blow dry my car now, i'm blowing dirt onto the paint

thats why i bought these big blues