Optimum NRWS users, tell me your thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Optimum NRWS users, tell me your thoughts.

Optimum NRWS users, Advanced wash technique.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Patrick. This method sounds great. My greatest concern
with NRWS was the initial application. My car does not sit in
a garage, so everytime it rains the pollen, dust, and other contaminants
mix in with the drops of beading rain water. Once this concoction dries, I am left
with caked on "stuff", for lack of a better word. What I would do is use the NRWS
and water mix to kind of prerinse the car, by wringing out the sheepskin mitt over the dirty
areas. This method ends up wasting more time, water and product.

I think the advanced technique addresses this problem. How much does the mister cost?
Great write up btw.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Fantastic idea, Patrick. I am about to order the Apt detailing kit from you so I will definitely need to remember to add one of the sprayers to my order.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Moodist
Hey Patrick. This method sounds great. My greatest concern
with NRWS was the initial application. My car does not sit in
a garage, so everytime it rains the pollen, dust, and other contaminants
mix in with the drops of beading rain water. Once this concoction dries, I am left
with caked on "stuff", for lack of a better word. What I would do is use the NRWS
and water mix to kind of prerinse the car, by wringing out the sheepskin mitt over the dirty
areas. This method ends up wasting more time, water and product.

I think the advanced technique addresses this problem. How much does the mister cost?
Great write up btw.
Mood, the adjustable mister/sprayer us running for $9.49. I was really stunned when I tested it, and wondered why I hadnt thought of the advanced technique before.

Kevin, got the order! Ships tonight! Great little kit, and the sprayer sure compliments it.

Im really kind of overwhelmed with the sales/responses I have had with very little "pitching" other then here. It seams that word has spread!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Nice...looking forward to getting it. Both of the cars need a good wash and wax.

BTW, the Optimum NRWS should be fine to use on a convertible top, right?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Patrick - My order is in, decided to get some optiseal at the same time!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Moodist
Patrick - My order is in, decided to get some optiseal at the same time!
And thank you, ships this evening!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It’s not meant for cleaning up your 4X after a romp with your buds in the hills after a El Nino deluge.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Patrick, I tried the NRWS this weekend on the wifes Accord. I used a gallon sprayer and it worked fantastic. I had to follow it up with a QD'er, but I do that anyway when drying.

I hardly put a dent in the gallon of water with concentrate. Can I just keep it in the sprayer and continue to use it?
Old 05-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by joerockt
Hey Patrick, I tried the NRWS this weekend on the wifes Accord. I used a gallon sprayer and it worked fantastic. I had to follow it up with a QD'er, but I do that anyway when drying.

I hardly put a dent in the gallon of water with concentrate. Can I just keep it in the sprayer and continue to use it?
"yeah baby-yeah!!!"
Glad you found as much success I have !
Old 05-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
So Patrick, let me get this straight. I have never used NRWS before, and am wondering what the process is. Is it:

1. Spray car with sprayer mixture
2. Use wash mitt dunked in 2.5 gallons of mixture to wash car
3. Wipe dry with WW?

I guess I am unclear as to how the dirt (understandably, not caked mud or anything) actually gets removed from the paint prior to wiping a drying towel across the surface.

I don't doubt the results, because you guys all really like the product, I am just curious how it works and how I am supposed to use it (so I can buy some and try it!)
Old 05-22-2007, 05:50 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by stogie1020
So Patrick, let me get this straight. I have never used NRWS before, and am wondering what the process is. Is it:

1. Spray car with sprayer mixture
2. Use wash mitt dunked in 2.5 gallons of mixture to wash car
3. Wipe dry with WW?

I guess I am unclear as to how the dirt (understandably, not caked mud or anything) actually gets removed from the paint prior to wiping a drying towel across the surface.

I don't doubt the results, because you guys all really like the product, I am just curious how it works and how I am supposed to use it (so I can buy some and try it!)
Waterless Car Washing:
An innovative product that protects automotive paint, while preserving our most valuable resource, water; enabling you to wash your car anywhere, anytime even inside your garage. It’s a multi-purpose product that serves as a shampoo additive, no rinse wash, quick detailer and clay lubricant, dilution rate 2-onces per gallon.

When sprayed on a dirty surface; surfactants break down the soil by releasing its surface tension or bond with the surface, encapsulating the soil particles, and the polymers provide surface lubrication to enable safe (marring free) removal

Methodology
Suggested mix 2 oz per gallon or 1/2 oz per 32 oz *spray bottle
Use a Monster Fluffy Towel for washing. Take one towel and wet it with as per directions. Wring it out and make a single pass per clean side of the towel. You can get 4-8 passes, with the towel folded in quarters. Each pass is then done with a perfectly clean towel surface and you're never rinsing any dirt out and releasing it in to your wash or rinse water. You can do the whole car with 2-4 towels. Apply no pressure to the towel, just glide it over the surface and only make one pass in one direction with a clean towel surface.

Products- Monster Fluffy Towel - http://www.detailersparadise.com/_sy...qryDefault.asp
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine (ONR) – http//: www. superiorcarcare.net/opnoriwash.html - 30k
Protectall’s Quick Easy Wash (QEW) - hhtp/:www.protectall.com
Freedom Waterless Car Wash (for slightly dirty vehicles only) - http//:www.exceldetail.com

Exceldetail Pump Sprayer seems like a great idea
Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM
'07 NBP TL

I've used the NRWS (my roomie's) and liked it. The spray idea sounds really good. What I do now is actually damp the mf towel and as a drag the mf across the surface, I roll it so the dirt doesn't collect at one end.
Try to visulaize this. Place the towel on one end of the hood. As you drag it across the surface, lift the mf towel. When you look at the towel, you should see dirt all over the place instead of one spot. After that, I just re wash the area again normally. Then dry it up with another mf towel.
I have bright yellow mf towels from costco and after the dry, i don't notice any dirt on the mf towel.
So just like to shoot out this idea too.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Porkipine
I've used the NRWS (my roomie's) and liked it. The spray idea sounds really good. What I do now is actually damp the mf towel and as a drag the mf across the surface, I roll it so the dirt doesn't collect at one end.
Try to visulaize this. Place the towel on one end of the hood. As you drag it across the surface, lift the mf towel. When you look at the towel, you should see dirt all over the place instead of one spot. After that, I just re wash the area again normally. Then dry it up with another mf towel.
I have bright yellow mf towels from costco and after the dry, i don't notice any dirt on the mf towel.
So just like to shoot out this idea too.
Same tech I use, and its perfect! This should be used for QD'ing, and QC'ing as well.......Thanks for bringing it to light!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Instructor

yea...i've been washing my car that way for about 7 months with inducing minimum swirls...i usually concentrate little more than recommended amount in order to prevent swirls. if the car is not that dirty, just use quick detail strengthened ONR to treat the dirty area then proceed with a normal ONR wash.
-Chris
Old 05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Instructor

also, ONR in the sprayer can clean the wheels effectively. i usually clean the wheels with Eagle One All Wheels and Tires, then ONR spray to rinse the wheels and tires, then ONR with Microfiber towels, then Meguiar's Quick Wheel with dry towels. this can clean any wheel without excessive water supply.