Optimum No Rinse

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Optimum No Rinse

with winter approaching and the cold weather not allowing me to wash my car regularly... my friend swears by ONR... he uses it for a quick wash if he does not have time or space to wash his car... it says that it can also be used as clay lube and quick sprays on the PC pads... anyone have any bad experiences with this stuff???

here is a link for those who don't know what it is..
http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html
Old 10-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i love ONR! ummmm, i dont really have much more to say than that.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldnt be without it!
Old 10-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
with winter approaching and the cold weather not allowing me to wash my car regularly... my friend swears by ONR... he uses it for a quick wash if he does not have time or space to wash his car... it says that it can also be used as clay lube and quick sprays on the PC pads... anyone have any bad experiences with this stuff???

here is a link for those who don't know what it is..
http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

Being from the same area as you and having the same concerns, let me know if you try it out. I'm not adverse to using a carwash in the winter, but I'm paranoid about the wheels getting scratched by the rails.

Most of the guys who replied live in areas where it doesn't really get that cold. I want to know if it works when the car is covered with salt and it's 25 degress outside.

Dave
Old 10-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Bagel Bomber

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
Being from the same area as you and having the same concerns, let me know if you try it out. I'm not adverse to using a carwash in the winter, but I'm paranoid about the wheels getting scratched by the rails.

Most of the guys who replied live in areas where it doesn't really get that cold. I want to know if it works when the car is covered with salt and it's 25 degress outside.

Dave
I'm probably only 3 hours away from you - we see about the same weather. Use a bucket of warm water with the ONR and your good to go.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This seems pretty good....my only concern would be in the winter when the salt is on the car and u wash it this way would it scratch the paint?
Old 10-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Bagel Bomber

last time i checked - regular water disolved salts rather quickly. Either way - the ONR is soposed to encapsulate the partical rendering it harmless to the paint. I wouldn't go using it if your car hasn't been washed in a long time with all that and and silt but salt once a week it should do the trick.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Racer

so you use this stuff all the time? where do you buy it from? or should i say whats the cheapest place to buy it from?...im going to try this stuff out
Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Bagel Bomber

click on exceldetail's homepage (patrick). He has a AcuraZine code to use as a coupon.

www.exceldetail.com
Old 10-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Matt

For those of you who have used it, do you use it as a non-water quick detailer? Or do you add it to your regular wash water as another tool in the overall wash cycle? The reason I ask, is I noticed it said... use as a water softner in your wash bucket. We have very hard water in Missouri.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Bagel Bomber

use one cap full in 2 gallons of water (nothing else - it does not foam) Wash one panel at a time with a sheepskin mit or other. Dry with micro fiber WW , move on to next panel until car is finished.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Bagel Bomber

Up until now, people have had no choice but to use car wash shampoos that are washed into the storm drains and into our drinking waters. No More! We offer the only alternative product that cleans and protects your vehicle and protects the environment too. It will also reduce the water usage to a fraction of a conventional car wash.

No Rinse™ Wash & Shine is the most technologically advanced car wash system that only requires 1-2 gallons of water to wash the entire car. No Rinse™ Wash & Shine does not require rinsing since there are no soapy surfactants to wash off into the storm drains.

This unique product contains substantive polymers which bond to the paint and protect it during the wash. Therefore, No Rinse™ Wash & Shine offers greater protection and lubricity than conventional car washes leaving a sleek & glossy finish behind afterwards. The wastewater in the bucket can be easily disposed of into a sink, where it will be treated!

Additional benefits are faster washes, ability to wash anywhere at anytime including washing inside the garage during the cold months, no messy water runoffs, and greater looking car finishes. These are some of the reasons No Rinse™ Wash & Shine is being used by many professional detailers across the country (testimonials).

No Rinse™ Wash & Shine can also be used to wash motorhomes, motorcycles, boats, and planes.

Directions:

Add 2 capfulls ( 1 oz. ) of No Rinse™ Wash & Shine to 1-2 gallons of water in the wash bucket. Soak Eco Xtraplush Microfiber Towel in the wash bucket. Wash one car panel. Soak the towel in the wash bucket again and do another panel till the entire vehicle is washed. Use a fresh Xtraplush Microfiber Towel to dry the car. You can also dry and wax your vehicle by spraying Optimum Car Wax on each panel as you are drying it.
from the opt web page
Old 10-06-2006, 06:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
sweet... i guess that means patrick will be receiving an order from me shortly...

wats our coupon discount??? "acurazine"???
Old 10-07-2006, 06:58 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
In all my years (40+, never mind what the + is lets just say too many) of detailing (semi-pro) and writing about car care product I've never said this about a product before- "Best thing since sliced bread"

One of the sections of my book "Quick Easy Wash" based on the product QEW is now being re-written afer this products release...

Last edited by TOGWT; 10-07-2006 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:30 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,066 Likes on 3,899 Posts
By dipping the washing implement into the bucket, with the ONR, over and over doesn't:
1. The wash mit become contaminated?
2. The wash solution become contaminated?

Resulting in a messy scratched vehicle. I'm in NJ too, and approaching my first winter with the car.

thanks
Old 10-07-2006, 05:20 PM
5o9
'05 TSX 6MT

Originally Posted by pttl
By dipping the washing implement into the bucket, with the ONR, over and over doesn't:
1. The wash mit become contaminated?
2. The wash solution become contaminated?

Resulting in a messy scratched vehicle. I'm in NJ too, and approaching my first winter with the car.

thanks

Good thinking ahead. Gonna power wash at the self serve, then use two bucket method at home.

All we need is a quick detailer that works ok in a temp range of 30-40 degrees.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Instructor

after reading the extensive reviews on various sites, i have no doubt ONR is a quality product. my gallon just arrived today and i look forward to trying it out. the benefit of it is that it is multiple products in one...and i plan on taking full advantage of that. mixing up a QD w/ cleaning properties will cut down on costs (and have an endless supply!!!) and also allow pretreating dirtier areas prior to the wipedown.

one thing i haven't seen is someone brave enough to simply use water and NO products in it to clean their car...then check for marring after the fact. i think the results would be interesting...considering it's more the technique and process and not the products at all.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Former Sponsor

What will your QD ratios be paradigm?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Instructor

i'm going to stick fairly close to the recommendations on the label...6oz/gal for a QD...which is ~1oz for every 21oz (give or take a bit). i'll just be reusing a PB 16oz bottle, so i'll just make it a bit stronger for ease of measuring. that is a lot stronger than the wash solution, so it should also be a good pretreater, when needed.

sound like a good plan?
Old 10-08-2006, 06:36 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by paradigm

one thing i haven't seen is someone brave enough to simply use water and NO products in it to clean their car...then check for marring after the fact. i think the results would be interesting...considering it's more the technique and process and not the products at all.
Back in the day RR recommended you use only plain water to wash a vehicle's paint surface, they appeared to be more concered with a 'clean' surface than a 'scratch-free' surface... as the expression says-"Don't try this at home"

After all is said and done; a car wash soaps most important function is to lubricate the washed surface for the towel
Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by paradigm
i'm going to stick fairly close to the recommendations on the label...6oz/gal for a QD...which is ~1oz for every 21oz (give or take a bit). i'll just be reusing a PB 16oz bottle, so i'll just make it a bit stronger for ease of measuring. that is a lot stronger than the wash solution, so it should also be a good pretreater, when needed.

sound like a good plan?
Sounds good to me!