ONR vs. OID/QD ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONR vs. OID/QD ???

All right, as some of you have figured this by now, im pretty new to this forum and taking care of the car.

The more i read and learn, the more i realize that what I considered "taking car of the car" was really "f**** up the car", so here is another question I have:

What is the difference ONR vs. OID/QD?
When would you use which?
what brand do you guys recommend?

Many thanks to all the contributors on here making this forum exciting, informational, and addicting
Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
They are really two completely different products!
Optimum NRWS is a wash product which you can add to water to clean your vehicles surface. Usually 2oz per 2 gals, in conjunction with a sheepskin or microfiber mit. It helps encapsulate dirt and fine particles while washing. It will also add some very mild protection to your surface.
ID & GE is a product which is applied via the spray bottle to the lightly dusted surface, then wiped away with a microfiber polishing towel. It enhances the appearance with resins and polymers and can add short term protection, often 10-14 days. Its real benefit is its added slickness, which is nearly unsurpassed. Also great for quick cleanups, safe for plastics, rubber, chrome, all metals and even glass.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Intermediate

Is it possible to keep the car clean and looking new just by using the Cal Car Duster (as recommended earlier) followed by QD and MF?

Of course this does not include the was that might be needed to clean-up mud, dirt and etc...

Also, I have a 2009 Votex Blue TSX, which QD would be recommended to use? It's a leased car after all.

What would you recommend for the interior? ebony leather.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:04 AM
I'm a thrill seeker in my

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I use Optimum QD & GE and I love it. It smells great and adds a gorgeous gloss to my EBP TL. Great product right there.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheMegalodon
I use Optimum QD & GE and I love it. It smells great and adds a gorgeous gloss to my EBP TL. Great product right there.
Would have been my first recommended product as well.............No reason to stop there with Optimum, I would try the Leather Protectant as well for that interior.....
Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Would have been my first recommended product as well.............No reason to stop there with Optimum, I would try the Leather Protectant as well for that interior.....
dried water spots and such can also be removed with the QDs when detailing, correct?

What would you recommend for glasses? windshield, etc ...
Old 07-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dell1981
dried water spots and such can also be removed with the QDs when detailing, correct?

What would you recommend for glasses? windshield, etc ...
If the water spots are recent and havent been sustained for a long period, they can usually be removed with a QD.
Glass work should be cleaned with a suitable glass cleaner and waffle wevae towel. Also, occasionaly claying is a bonus.