New toy for NRWS

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009 | 07:37 AM
Former Sponsor

New toy for NRWS

Im not sure how many of you have read this on another forum, but I wanted to share it with you my experience with the Nomad Power Washer
I bought this just prior to a recent camping trip,knowing my travel trailer hasnt seen any attention in about 1 year. I though what the heck, its under $40.00 (To my front door), I dont use a lot of water when washing with NRWS, but along with my NRWS usage theme of pretreating with every use, this is the perfect compliment to NRWS, on a larger (RV) scale.

Ive known about the Nomad for probably 5 years, I actually considered reselling them way back when they first came out. I think the intro package for distribution was like $1000.00. BUt I didnt want to dump a grand on something I didnt know about. Profit margin back then was pretty good too. They retailed for about $179.00.
So anyway................back to camping! I used this for the first time several weeks ago during a camping trip, and I was so impressed, I came home and bought another one. I will keep one in the trailer for use when camping. For this trip I used a earth friendly APC and a wash brush. I simply rinsed, and wet the coaches sides (one at a time) applied the APC, and washed & rinsed. Then applied DG 951 x 2. This portable Power Washer (Not pressure washer) really delivered more than I had expected. Consistent stream of pressurized jet (or spray), long delivery, and ample DC cord and trigger hose. The thing is just built right! Thick and tough plastic tub, nice quick connects, for under $40.00? Yup, sold.
Now I can wash both the car and the trailer while were out now! Rinse bare feet free of sand or dirt before entering the coach, outdoor mishaps with the kids like sodas or ants, or just play with the squirrels, lol.

I will keep the other for home use with NRWS on heavier jobs. Plenty of power for wheels and total washes. Holds 3 gals of fresh water. Others have rigged "pocket Power" with 18 volt power batteries (cordless drills) vs. conventional 12v from your car. Whatever you figure out, Im sure you will agree this could be a worthy product for you, and at under $40.00 to your door through Kotulas, your not out an arm and a leg......
Old 10-13-2009 | 12:17 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Great write-up Pat, sounds like something that would be good to take on the road to meets and for long trips
Old 10-13-2009 | 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Great write-up Pat, sounds like something that would be good to take on the road to meets and for long trips
Bingo, that occured to me after the 5 minute edit rule.....You can literally , WASH YOUR CAR ANYWHERE, as long as you fill it prior to leaving or have a water source at your location.
Business trips?
Car meets?
Endless possibilities.................
Coupled with NRWS, you've got a heck of a cure all for any situation.........Im actually putting a kit together as we speak..........
Old 10-13-2009 | 01:52 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

this is GOLD
Old 10-13-2009 | 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Welcome Nomad+NRWS+Supreme+Pacific+4oz bottle.
Old 10-14-2009 | 02:27 PM
Racer

I some what understand your process for your coach, but how would you wash a car with the nomad? Would you still have a bucket for rinsing the wash media? Is this just for rinsing?? Thanks Pat.
Old 10-14-2009 | 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Matt, obviously not much use to those at home with a hose bib at the garage. But this Nomad is great for pretreating and blasting off dust and debris. The 1 gal sprayers are one thing, but this brings a new dimension to being able to use NRWS away from conventional methods with a bucket of water. Something else its fabulous for are apts., and condos who renters/owners dont have hose bibs. Load it up and take it to the county car shows also!
Buy a 12v converter and you can also take it anywhere around the house that the hose doesnt reach!
The pressure of this portable sprayer is greater then I had anticipated as well.