New Optimum Final Polish

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
New Optimum Final Polish

With so many types of clear coat on the market today, we wanted a final finish polish that would work on the softest, most sensitive clears, but also be able to do some corrective work and have some range on a harder type of clear coat. You may ask why you need a final finish polish when the NEW Optimum II polish can take care of almost ALL vehicles and still finish perfectly. Where these 2 products differ is that the final finish polish will take care of any minute hazing, marring, or minor swirls that can just drive you crazy on certain blacks and softer, sensitive clear coats.
The Optimum Finish will make the paint "POP" and the slickness of the way it buffs is second to none. This is NOT a glaze or filler. The micro abrasives will correct, but not "over-correct", leaving the paint absolutely perfect. You can buff extensively and the polish will keep cutting if you need a little more correction, and when you are ready for that perfect final finish, the polish will back down and give you the ultimate gloss, reflection and shine. You may not need this polish on every single vehicle as the final step, but once you see the final result, you will be addicted to this polish. Your customers will be amazed at the final result.
As with all of our OPTIMUM buffing products, this incredibly smooth, long working, zero dust formula is body shop safe, V.O.C compliant, and will work with any buffer, any buffing pad, and on any paint surface. It's virtually impossible to make a mistake with this product. The OPTIMUM FINAL polish will turn you into an all-star detailer, and every vehicle into a show car! The product buffs wet and finishes off even wetter. Never again should you rely on a fancy and expensive wax to obtain the gloss you are looking for. The OPTIMUM FINAL polish will create that special, flawless appearance. Don't forget, this product will correct those minor imperfections, not hide or fill them. So the look that you obtain from this polish is a true, corrective, super wet look. But I will stop bragging about my "baby" and let you decide for yourself. I am confident that you will agree.
Directions for use
In reality, the only directions needed are just to use this product on EVERY car you detail, but here goes. Use light to medium buffing pressure with a finishing type foam pad. For high speed buffers, 1000-1400 RPM will provide excellent swirl removal and a flawless finish. The polish is aggressive enough to remove 2500 sand scratches, but fine enough to produce perfect results even with a high speed buffer. For orbital buffers, use a medium to light pad with moderate speed and pressure for desired results. Always use enough product to create a barrier between the buffing pad and the paint surface. Wipe off residue by misting either water or OPTIMUM car wax on the surface and gently wiping off with a micro fiber towel.

Available 4-5-09
8oz also available same date!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the difference between this and Poli-Seal?
Old 04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Former Sponsor

PoliSeal adds protection. This has way more advanced Polymer encased abrasives, its a pure finishing polish. This i s t h e l a s t s t e p
p o l i s h.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so would i use this before or after the poliseal? lol and i may need a new op compound(lol sort of ran it over the other day)
Old 04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
The Detailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmassott
so would i use this before or after the poliseal? lol and i may need a new op compound(lol sort of ran it over the other day)
Eh, technically you could use it before PoliSeal but it seems a little repetitive IMO. You can actually just use them interchangeably so you can either finsih down with OF or PS.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Sure .. now you tell me after I just ordered a mess of stuff ... oh well next time .. BTW ty for the nice packing in the UPP bottle .
Old 04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry Dale!!! It just came out! LOL
Old 04-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Need more room in

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Pat tricked me into getting this LOL, guess I'll try it later today (if it could friggen stop raining!!!!!)
Old 04-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,450 Likes on 3,047 Posts
everytime i buy an optimum product, they come out with a better one
Old 04-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
So I could use Optimum Polish II > then this Optimum Final Polish > and finish with Four Star UPP? Is that correct?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 PM
The Detailer

Originally Posted by MD03CL-S
So I could use Optimum Polish II > then this Optimum Final Polish > and finish with Four Star UPP? Is that correct?
That is correct.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by MD03CL-S
word....
Old 04-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Racer

"Typically, a finishing polish (such as Meguiars #80, Poorboys SSR1) will have very light initial cut but a very fine finishing cut to deliver a sharp finish. An aggressive compound (such as Menzerna Power Gloss, 3M Fast Cut) will have strong initial cut but will not break down to a very fine finishing, thus resulting in a less sharp finish.

Not all polishes break down in such a fashion however. Some polishes remain aggressively cutting throughout the set and for this reason they will require to be followed with a fine cutting finishing polish." -Dave KG

I've been doing more and more research to further improve and understand polishing. and was wondering if you knew if optimum's product line was diminishing or if it was static.

Also in theory if it is a diminishing polish could you possibly just work in a medium cut polish and keep polishing and get no marring. basically if a more aggressive polish is diminishing can you skip the finishing polish.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bo0sty
"Typically, a finishing polish (such as Meguiars #80, Poorboys SSR1) will have very light initial cut but a very fine finishing cut to deliver a sharp finish. An aggressive compound (such as Menzerna Power Gloss, 3M Fast Cut) will have strong initial cut but will not break down to a very fine finishing, thus resulting in a less sharp finish.

Not all polishes break down in such a fashion however. Some polishes remain aggressively cutting throughout the set and for this reason they will require to be followed with a fine cutting finishing polish." -Dave KG

I've been doing more and more research to further improve and understand polishing. and was wondering if you knew if optimum's product line was diminishing or if it was static.

Also in theory if it is a diminishing polish could you possibly just work in a medium cut polish and keep polishing and get no marring. basically if a more aggressive polish is diminishing can you skip the finishing polish.
Im not certain I would put #80 or SSR1 in the same league as a "finishing" polish. #80 has fillers, SSR1 has such little, true finishing ability, its more of a maintenance polish/cleaner.
Its very difficult to determine if a diminishing abrasive polish/compound could polish itself out to a finishing polish quality. Usually when your using a product, you somewhat match the pad, to the products ability to "polish". More aggressive polishes, know as compounds, require firmer pads. Hard to switch pads midstream with the product already broken down!
Abrasives take time to roll themselves out. Firm pads are normally Orange, Yellow or White. This reduces the chance of the abrasives being absorbed by too soft of a pad. Abrasives, roll themselves out until they "diminish". Other polishes are used and produced with pressure in mind, pressure applied allows for cut. Reduced pressure, reduced cut. These are the trickiest of polishes to master! (More old school also)
Optimum uses diminishing abrasives, however the newer Finishing Polish, (micro abrasives) can be used on anything from super soft clears, to hard clears, with hard or soft pads. I havent quite figured this product out yet, but its about to meet its match on a 7 series.....
Old 04-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Need more room in

I gave in and ended up doing a ONR wash at night just to try this stuff out last night. It's good stuff!

I havn't polished my car since last July, the paint is in pretty good condition since it's garaged (except when at work). I went straight to the Optimum Finish, followed by FS UPP and a Optimum Spray wax

The OF really added some depth to the paint -- but that could be the FS UPP/Owax too though. What I really liked about it is it is kind of inbetween Optimum polish and optimum poliseal (Honestly, ive never been too impressed with the poliseal, i think i still have the full 32oz bottle.. only used it twice - holler if anyone wants it for cheap)
Used with a white pad on speed 6 of a UDM, the optimum finish was able to eliminate all the biweekly maintanence minor scratchs/swirls induced over the last 8 months.
Paint looked fresh as can be for today's SYTFU meet over in Alameda, and the whole process only took me under 2 hours..... wash/OF/FS UPP/Wax.

Not home right now but if I remember Ill take some pics. The car really has a mirror shine :}

Last edited by wong05tsx; 04-11-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Im so sorry I tricked you into that one Johnny!!
Cant wait for pics!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:25 PM
The Detailer

Originally Posted by wong05tsx
I gave in and ended up doing a ONR wash at night just to try this stuff out last night. It's good stuff!

I havn't polished my car since last July, the paint is in pretty good condition since it's garaged (except when at work). I went straight to the Optimum Finish, followed by FS UPP and a Optimum Spray wax

The OF really added some depth to the paint -- but that could be the FS UPP/Owax too though. What I really liked about it is it is kind of inbetween Optimum polish and optimum poliseal (Honestly, ive never been too impressed with the poliseal, i think i still have the full 32oz bottle.. only used it twice - holler if anyone wants it for cheap)
Used with a white pad on speed 6 of a UDM, the optimum finish was able to eliminate all the biweekly maintanence minor scratchs/swirls induced over the last 8 months.
Paint looked fresh as can be for today's SYTFU meet over in Alameda, and the whole process only took me under 2 hours..... wash/OF/FS UPP/Wax.

Not home right now but if I remember Ill take some pics. The car really has a mirror shine :}
Great to hear this Johnny! I actually can't wait to try OF myself. Are you going to be at the Presidio meet so I can check out your car?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by wong05tsx
just out of curiosity to compare to the first optimum polish. how many passes did you do? How long for it to break down?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Need more room in

3 passes, moderate pressure, moving about 1.5" per second on a 5.5" pad

3am.. just got home O_O
Old 04-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor

I will provide additional technique use shortly!!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Need more room in

Here some early morning sun shots. Theres a little bit of dust since I drove it all day yesterday, parked next to a beach, and stayed out till 3am

Old 04-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

When I saw the first pic, I though it was morning dew! That flake is literally jumping Johnny....
Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Intermediate

New Audi, should I try this?

I was planning on claying the car (sat in a Rhode Island port for eight months before I bought it), then applying a mild polish and then UPP. Should I try this product as the "mild polish" on a brand new car?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Former Sponsor

What color? I might opt for Optimum Polish for a little more thorough cleaning.......?Wuddya think guys?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by exceldetail
I will provide additional technique use shortly!!
YES could use a refresher to get the detail juices going again before i do my summer detail.

^ above post, is OPII not agressive enough for OEM swirls? never dealt with audi paint, is it harder?

Last edited by bo0sty; 04-13-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:40 AM
The Detailer

Originally Posted by ishanb
I was planning on claying the car (sat in a Rhode Island port for eight months before I bought it), then applying a mild polish and then UPP. Should I try this product as the "mild polish" on a brand new car?
I'm not quite sure OF would be able to cut it, pun intended. However, I haven't used it but my assumption would be that OP would be in better order than OF.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Denzil
I'm not quite sure OF would be able to cut it, pun intended. However, I haven't used it but my assumption would be that OP would be in better order than OF.

OP at a minimum. Always remember you have the Optimum Compound in 8oz also.....