Need Zaino Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001 | 08:26 PM
Advanced

Need Zaino Help!!

Hi - Today I did my first application of Zaino - did Z1 and Z5 and have 2 questions. 1. Before I started I noticed some small spots (tree sap maybe) that wouldn't come off but I did Z1 and Z5 anyways - it is still drying overnight - but if the spots are still there after I wipe should I get the clay bar?? I am only a beginner and was afraid to use the clay bar but now I think I may have to. Is there a problem using the clay bar after doing Z1 and Z5?? Any advise with clay bar-can I goof up something big time??
Question 2: Z1 and Z5 was taking forever to dry but I wiped a small section off and it smudged sort of dappled (my car is Aegean Blue) - it was also getting dark outside so I have left it on overnight. But, what do I do about the smudging? I read to wipe with a damp towel but this didn't seem to do anything but I'm not sure since it was not bright light outside. Is the car OK outside overnight with Z1 and Z5 on?? Can I remove some of it, drive to work tomorrow and finish the job at home later in the day tomorrow??
Thanks for any help, Rustito
Old 10-21-2001 | 09:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Need Zaino Help!!

Originally posted by Rustito
Hi - Today I did my first application of Zaino - did Z1 and Z5 and have 2 questions. 1. Before I started I noticed some small spots (tree sap maybe) that wouldn't come off but I did Z1 and Z5 anyways - it is still drying overnight - but if the spots are still there after I wipe should I get the clay bar?? I am only a beginner and was afraid to use the clay bar but now I think I may have to. Is there a problem using the clay bar after doing Z1 and Z5?? Any advise with clay bar-can I goof up something big time??
Yes, get the clay bar. It will not harm the Zaino, but you will want to wash the car and then put another coat of Z5 or Z2 on after you clay.

Question 2: Z1 and Z5 was taking forever to dry but I wiped a small section off and it smudged sort of dappled (my car is Aegean Blue) - it was also getting dark outside so I have left it on overnight. But, what do I do about the smudging? I read to wipe with a damp towel but this didn't seem to do anything but I'm not sure since it was not bright light outside. Is the car OK outside overnight with Z1 and Z5 on?? Can I remove some of it, drive to work tomorrow and finish the job at home later in the day tomorrow??
Thanks for any help, Rustito
I wouldn't leave it outside too long. Dust and other contaminents will be on you car when you remove the Zaino residue. Those contaminents could scratch the clearcoat.
Old 10-22-2001 | 10:02 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Zaino takes atleast 1 hour to dry, and I, personally, wouldn't apply it, then leave it sit outside overnight. Too much stuff like dust will settle on it, then when you buff it off, you will scratch the finish.
Old 10-22-2001 | 10:04 AM
Advanced

Re: Re: Need Zaino Help!!

Originally posted by NSXNEXT

Yes, get the clay bar. It will not harm the Zaino, but you will want to wash the car and then put another coat of Z5 or Z2 on after you clay.

I wouldn't leave it outside too long. Dust and other contaminents will be on you car when you remove the Zaino residue. Those contaminents could scratch the clearcoat.
Hi - thanks for the info. I realize that it takes a bit of practice with this stuff before you get it down to a science!! I left it overnight and earlier the car is wet with dew - hope it is dry now!!

BTW - after I clay (it will only be on several places) do I need to do Z1 before Z5 again or can I just do Z5??
Thanks, Rustito
Old 10-22-2001 | 12:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Need Zaino Help!!

Originally posted by Rustito

Hi - thanks for the info. I realize that it takes a bit of practice with this stuff before you get it down to a science!! I left it overnight and earlier the car is wet with dew - hope it is dry now!!

BTW - after I clay (it will only be on several places) do I need to do Z1 before Z5 again or can I just do Z5??
Thanks, Rustito
Shouldn't need to Z1 again. Just keep an eye on the spots where you clayed. If it appears to look different that the spots where you didn't, do a coat of Z1 again.