Need new towels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 08:31 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need new towels?

This place is friggen cheap! 6 Fieldcrest towels for $29.99! Pick some Royal Velvets for the home too And all of the other crap on their site is good too! http://www.smartbargains.com/cat.asp?deptId=3&catId=120
Old 02-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Racer

this is funny . . .

great towels - good prices . . .

warning - if you are going to use them on your car . . . they say "discontinued colours"

dont know about you, but i will only use white on my car . . dyes can come off

and - there are cheaper versions of the towels we all love for our cars - sold through discount outlets, and they are not exactly the same as the ones at the higher end stores.

for the bathroom - sure I'd get some.

not saying dont get them, just passing along some info I learned from the rep for the manufacturer when I talked to them about selling me direct from the factory . . .
Old 02-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Racer

Oops... I didn't notice they didn't carry any white towels. I guess that explains the cheap price. Oh well, pick some up for your bathroom then.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:23 PM
Racer

thats why I always find "towel talk" funny.

we are more concerned about the towels used on our cars than our bodies
Old 02-07-2002, 12:30 PM
ira
Advanced

If you really want to buy from there, I'd go for the Royal Velvet in Natural and not the Mystery "Fieldcrest".

Ira
Old 02-07-2002, 12:31 PM
Banned

Yea...all my friends and gf thought I was out my mind when I went and spent like fifty bucks on towels just to cut the edges off and wipe down the undercarriage of my car. Little do they know..........

I'm an avid Absorber fan, so I just use the towels for wheels, etc.....
Old 02-08-2002, 05:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, just don't use the colored towels with Zaino -- you will regret it...

The white ones are the only way to go. And the Charismas can be had for a really great price when they have the sales on the irregulars (I've paid for a few at full $$$ [ouch] and got a bunch that were perfect [tags cut] for 1/4 the cost in white.)
Old 02-08-2002, 05:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Homer2
this is funny . . .

warning - if you are going to use them on your car . . . they say "discontinued colours"

dyes can come off

and - there are cheaper versions of the towels we all love for our cars - sold through discount outlets, and they are not exactly the same as the ones at the higher end stores.

RE: Dyes -- you bet... I had an experience first hand with an old towel washed a hundred times that made the Z6 streak (good luck with new colored towels. We got some high thread count sheets [for the bed] at Target and they still have dye coming out of them after 8 washings)

RE: Cheaper versions -- we had purchased the full tilt price Charismas. Once you see and feel them, there is no mistaking them. Advise to all; get the "real" ones so you can tell a "fake"/”ersatz” one. I think it was Macy's that we got the irregulars and they "burn" right and feel just as soft as the "full prices" white bath sheets.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Racer

Originally posted by EricL

RE: Cheaper versions -- we had purchased the full tilt price Charismas. Once you see and feel them, there is no mistaking them. Advise to all; get the "real" ones so you can tell a "fake"/”ersatz” one. I think it was Macy's that we got the irregulars and they "burn" right and feel just as soft as the "full prices" white bath sheets.
ah, the burn test . . . for those who are wondering . . .

"Check any towels carefully as most towels contain polymer fibers that scratch like hundreds of hypodermic needles. Do not assume that the 100% cotton label on the towel is telling the truth. The only way to check is to actually set fire to a rolled up corner of the towel. If you get a clean flame like a candlewick then it is 100% cotton. If you see black smoke and melted fibers, then you got one of the non 100%, anxiously waiting to scratch your paint type of towels. One person checked 130 towels all marked 100% cotton and discovered that 12 actually were

Old 02-10-2002, 10:17 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Homer,

Thanks for the tip. Before I go on to Zaino my car again tomorrow, I will conduct the test on my towels. I'd be pissed to find out that they were fakes.
Old 02-11-2002, 12:59 AM
efx
Instructor

Here is one thing I tried that seemed to work well. Had some old white sweat shirts that I never wear, good quality though. Just turn them inside out and they make good waxing towels. Just my opinion.