Need Help: How to clean vomit / puke from car

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:28 AM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Need Help: How to clean vomit / puke from car

I was the designated driver over the weekend. I was driving some friends home and my buddy (who was in the front passenger seat) threw up all over my car. Luckily most of the vomit landed outside, but some vomit/puke got in the car. The main parts the vomit landed was on the floor in between the seat and door (hard to reach with your hand or vacuum) and also on the pillar that separates the front and rear doors. I immediately cleaned the doors and leather with some paper towels and vacuumed up all that I can. The next morning I took the car to the car wash and let them clean up the inside (whatever I missed) and outside. However, there is still puke stain on the floor and also on the cloth part of the pillar. How does one remove these stains without damaging the cloth or making it come up?

I got to this pretty quick, so there is no smell. Should I just use some Armor All on the doors again or is there something else i should use? Also, some people have said to use a water/woolite mix and others have said water/ammonia is better. Any help you guys can provide is helpful. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by indoMFP
I was the designated driver over the weekend. I was driving some friends home and my buddy (who was in the front passenger seat) threw up all over my car. Luckily most of the vomit landed outside, but some vomit/puke got in the car. The main parts the vomit landed was on the floor in between the seat and door (hard to reach with your hand or vacuum) and also on the pillar that separates the front and rear doors. I immediately cleaned the doors and leather with some paper towels and vacuumed up all that I can. The next morning I took the car to the car wash and let them clean up the inside (whatever I missed) and outside. However, there is still puke stain on the floor and also on the cloth part of the pillar. How does one remove these stains without damaging the cloth or making it come up?

I got to this pretty quick, so there is no smell. Should I just use some Armor All on the doors again or is there something else i should use? Also, some people have said to use a water/woolite mix and others have said water/ammonia is better. Any help you guys can provide is helpful. Thanks.
Been a while since Ive seen some puke pics!!! LMFAO!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:42 PM
What your problem is?

^ Yeah, I saw the other thread and that was kinda gross... feel bad for his girl as he straight up called her out on the interweb....

Enough whoring in the thread... you got any ideas? Should I use a water/ammonia mix or a water/woolite mix to clean the carpets and cloth? Also, I used Armor All, but some folks were saying to use 303... what is best???
Old 03-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I would keep strong detergents away unless really diluted, like a 20:1. I would opt for a APC diluted 20:1. Spray and agitate, blot dry, then vacuum. Add protectant as you see fit.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
What your problem is?

^ what is an APC? All I can think of is All Purpose Cleaner, is that right? I am going to use some Woolite or Resolve and dilute the crap out of it....
Old 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
The Detailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, APC = All Purpose Cleaner