LEATHER CONDITIONER: Lexol
WHEEL CLEANER: None
WHEEL WAX: None
TIRE CLEANER: None
TIRE DRESSING: Meg Hot Shine, BlackMagic Tire Foam
GLASS CLEANER: Stoner's Invisible Glass, Megs NXT Glass Cleaner
MF TOWELS: Walmart MF Towels
MF WAFFLE WEAVE: None

This is what I have right now and it does ok but I'm noticing some scuffs and some scratches that are coming. I need help on some decently priced items for the items I have "none" and "?".

Also I need help on choosing a PC. What's better a 7336 or a 7424?

Can I use the wax and polish I have above with a PC? even the Scratch X?

Any help would be great.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:36 PM
they go wooooot wooooot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your arsenal looks like an Autozone shelf, hehe. This isn't necessarily bad, but I think that you are in need/search of some higher end products if you're looking for correction.

As for the PC, both of those models do the same thing, the difference is the accessory it comes with. The 7424 is the one you are looking for.

If you get a PC, which I highly suggest, I also suggest the XMT line, for it was designed specifically for DA use (XMT meaning Xtreme Machine Tech). I has had very good results with the aforementioned products and you will definitely be doing yourself a service if you get those things.

As for your waxes, you will do just fine with NXT or Gold Class. You can also apply them with the PC at a speed of 3, no higher though. I do suggest, however, that you first seal the paint with a high end sealant, Wolfgang's Deep Paint Sealant, in particular, and THEN coat with a nice wax.

Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Safety Car

Let me add to the differences between the 7336 and the 7424. Both are identical machines with the exception of the counterweight. The 7336 has a #6 CW for use with a 6" backing plate and the 7424 has a #5 CW for use with a 5" BP.

As far as products are concerned - most of what you have are OTC items with the execption of the Klasse AIO and is one of the better cleaners/polishes avaialble. Megs offers a great line of polishes and waxes available OTC. I would also look into the Duragloss products. DG 111 is a pure sealant that has outstanding results. As stated above, you can go online for wider and specialized selection of botique products. Most products can be applied via PC with the exception of your heavy cut compounds and polishes.

One thing to keep in mind; regardless of what product you choose, surface prep is a major factor to a successful detail.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:36 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are some products that overlap. I'll highlight them.

Originally Posted by Savio
PRE WAX CLEANER: Meg's Scratch X
PAINT CLEANSER: ?
POLISHES/SMR: Klasse All in One[/highlight
SEALANT: Megs NXT and Gold Class
Meg's Scratch X at best is a mild swirl remover, but by hand, it's better as a cleaner. Klasse All in One is also a cleaner with very mild swirl removal capabilities. NXT is a sealant while Gold Class is a carnauba blend.

If you have Klasse All in one, use that as a cleaner and paint cleanser and drop Scratch X. Get a proper swirl remover to remove swirls. Choose either NXT or Gold class, but not both as they contain cleaners and will affect the previous layer of sealant/wax.

Remember to get a good lanbswool wash mitt to prevent the occurrence of new swirls.

Last edited by aaronng; 01-09-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Klasse All in One is also a cleaner with very mild swirl removal capabilities.
Pad dependant. Last I knew, AIO was abrasive free...?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:04 AM
TSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what's a good swirl remover I can use with a PC?

as far as a sealant, I think I'm going with the DG mentioned above for Klasse Glaze Sealant.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Sav, depends on how severe were talking....By your list, it doesnt appear you have a pc so results will be kind of minimal. SSR1, or Optimum Polish would be a good choice.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:11 PM
TSX

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Sav, depends on how severe were talking....By your list, it doesnt appear you have a pc so results will be kind of minimal. SSR1, or Optimum Polish would be a good choice.

I will try to get some pictures for you guys when I get the chance....

When I'm at certain angles you can see the light scuffs and scratches. It's probably b/c the wash mitt I used. I didn't change it out I know better now. It's a Satin Silver Metallic TSX.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Swirl removal with an orbital Megs #80 or #83 works well. I do not see any protectants in your arsenal, I would highly recommend Aerospace 303. I do not agree with the lambswool wash mit as a majority of swirls are introduced into paint by wool pads on orbitals, so I shy away from that material. The use of a grit guard in your wash bucket or a two bucket system will eliminate most problems associated with your washing tool. You can get excellent results with scratch-x by hand, but it takes alot of effort and you will want to be working on very small blemishes. A quick detailer is nice also to use as a lubricant for the clay bar. You can also pick up some very nice Meg's wheel brushes on clearance at Big Lots right now.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Safety Car

I would also invest in some MF WW towels for drying. And for a QD, I highly recommend DG AW. Easy to use, apply to a wet or dry surface, leaves a slick finish and very inexpensive.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:47 PM
TSX

How does Klasse SG stack up to DG 111 and 4star UPP?

I would assume the Sealant would go on after I use the AIO?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Sg is an outstanding sealant, just difficult to use for some, including me. I actually gave up on it after the 3rd attempt to perfect its look and applications process. It last and last according to those who use it. I just didnt find the look all that appealing.
And yes, sealant after cleaner.........AIO has some sealant in it, but your better off using a dedicated sealant afterwards.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
TSX

So would you recommend the other two then? Would it be easier to use and apply and give me the same type of look?
Old 01-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Truthfully, theres not a whole lot I wouldnt recommend over SG! Sorry, it was just a pita for me. But Im just being truthful. Theres as many people who detest its as those who adore it.
I really only recommend two sealants, UPP and #111. Im not saying those are the only two great ones out there, just the only two I use. There easy to apply, easy to remove, and provide unreal slickness, and above average durability. Very little is needed to complete an entire car also. What some refer to as "depth" is IMO, equal to any Nuba on the block. Again, just my $.02
Old 01-18-2007, 09:48 AM
TSX

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Truthfully, theres not a whole lot I wouldnt recommend over SG! Sorry, it was just a pita for me. But Im just being truthful. Theres as many people who detest its as those who adore it.
I really only recommend two sealants, UPP and #111. Im not saying those are the only two great ones out there, just the only two I use. There easy to apply, easy to remove, and provide unreal slickness, and above average durability. Very little is needed to complete an entire car also. What some refer to as "depth" is IMO, equal to any Nuba on the block. Again, just my $.02

I think I narrowed it down to 4Star: UPP as my sealant.

As far as swirl removers, I saw you recommended, SSR1 and Opt, how do you feel about Sonus?

I have light scratches, spiderweb swirls and oxidation on my paint.

When using the swirl remover, do you guys usually do the whole car or do you just do the parts on the car that needs it?

Last edited by Savio; 01-18-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Both are good products for swirl removal by hand. Keep in mind results are fairly limited by hand.
I'll do a small section if something is really bothering me, but normally its part of my routine to do the whole surface...
Old 01-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Sav! Clear your PM's!!