My seats are uncomfortable after cleaning...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:46 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My seats are uncomfortable after cleaning...

Since today was nice out, I decided to clean my interior for a change. This was also my first time actually using the Lexol cleaner and conditioner on my seat. I was missing the proper tools (sponges) so I made do with a spare microfiber cloth to apply the cleaner on my driver seat. 1-2 spray was all I did and I scrubbed and scrubbed then I use a wet paper towel first to rinse the cleaner off then another damp towel to clean off any residue then dry it up with another paper towel. After a few minutes, I applied the lexol conditioner following the instructions on the bottle...except I used paper towels instead. After I wiped it completely dry, I waited a few minutes and applied 303 protectant on the seat and wiped it as dry as I could. After that, I noticed the leather felt like vinyl The seat doesn't have any feedback and it just "grips" my body (I can't easily slide around) and it feels uncomfortable to sit in. I poke the seat and the leather seems to just "crumble" and stays that way; it's like it doesn't have any padding. I did the same with the passenger seat (not washed) and the leather "bounces" back up; it's more firm and doesn't form these "waves/ripples" like the driver seat. Did I messed up my driver seat permanently?

Second question...totally unrelated to topic title... I got into a car accident last year and the shop I went to weren't exactly great at cleaning up the car (It was all covered in dust and I spent nearly two hours dusting and wiping every corner inside). I noticed about the inside line of my trunk there's white compound residue (they said they use it during repair...but didn't explain for what) and I tried removing it with car soap and lightly rubbing it off but to no avail; I don't want to rub too hard and damage the paint. Does anyone know what I can use to get such things off? It's on the exterior so it's painted. I spotted the same white stuff around my fuel tank door before and they removed that but I didn't see what they used (I asked and they said "all purpose cleaner") so I don't want them to be using harsh chemicals on my TSX. Any recommendations?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just another example of why Lexol is complete crap.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:34 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ya, i agree with joerockt, but also, why did you use a protectant? I've looked through the 303 products and the only ones that would seem to offer protection for leather also work on carpets, headliners, etc...I've only used conditioners on my leather and it's always seemed to make my leather a little more slippery, but that's it, never thought that i would need a protectant, especially for my cars that have had black leather.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Racer

I don't think the 303 was the problem or caused the bad seats; I applied it once before and my seats were still fine after I wiped it dry. I just thought I'd apply some since summer is coming and I would be parking in the sun more often... to protect from premature cracking and all. Just naive caring ideas for my interior.

Do you think my seat will go back to normal over time?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
What difference in proceedure between driver and passenger seat?

The white stuff is buffer polish ... Put a M/F around a credit card and wet the M/F with an APC ot QD spray and try it .. depending on the polish composition you might need experiment .. but if APC worked for them .. it wiil for you.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Racer

The difference in procedure between the driver and passenger seat was that... I didn't wash the passenger seat at all that's why I could tell the before/after. Like I said before, the seat cushion just "crumbles" when I sat on it (apply pressure) but it doesn't go back to its original form while the passenger seat slowly goes back into shape (like normal). It's almost like I lost inner padding on my driver seat.

and Thanks for the credit card idea! I'll try that later!
Old 05-16-2024, 07:59 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Second Gen TLX seats in first Gen

Will the second generation TLX Aspec front seats drop into the first generation model TLX without an adaptor ? Is the floorboard bolt pattern the same ?