mothers clay bay and wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004 | 07:47 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

mothers clay bay and wax

today i washed my car twice with blue dawn and then clay bar'd the whole car followed by a SINGLE coat of wax and the car looks 10 times better then when i started.

problems: some parts of the hood are still kind of rough. its better than what it was but its still rough. it was hard to get all of the stains out because i havent washed my car since before finals(about 5 weeks ago) so the dirt was there for a long time but its alot better. the rust still wont come out. i rubbed the clay bar over the spots for along time but it didnt even fade a little bit. i will post pictures of this in the daytime.

i hear alot of people love the zaino treatment. so im thinking that if the mothers kit gave me this much of a improvement, i cant wait to get my hands on the zaino!!!!!
Old 05-27-2004 | 08:53 PM
Need a WHAmbulance

Unless you get the paint/clearcoat clean nothing is going to do much good. If after claying your paint is still rough sounds like you need to have a high speed polish done to it.

Here is a link to to great information.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/autop...polishing.html
Old 05-28-2004 | 08:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dare_IL
Unless you get the paint/clearcoat clean nothing is going to do much good. If after claying your paint is still rough sounds like you need to have a high speed polish done to it.

Here is a link to to great information.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/autop...polishing.html
Go to a local auto paint supply store and see if they stock a medium grade clay bar....Proceed with #83 Megs DACP, then #80....then your favorite sealant.....

Next time lay off the Dawn, its useless, and does more damage than good.....Whoever came up with that idea oughta be hung out to dry ! Its totally rediculous !!