More Bird Droppings

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 02:40 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Bird Droppings

I guess my car had a big Bulls Eye Target for birds this week.... I got a bunch of tiny little bird droppings on my car.

I have about 2 coats of Zaino on my car . The bird droppings have been sitting on the car for about 2 days. The bird drops did come off with a wash but they left spots on the car...

Z6 Spray and a buffing towel does not get rid of them. I used Meguiars Swril Remover Polish- (I forget what #) to get rid of them. I didn't want to use Zaino Polish since you have to let it sit...and I didn't if I would seal them in.

Maybe I didnt apply the Zaino Z-2 correctly but shouldn't a normal soap and water wash get rid of these spots completely? I'm not very impressed with the protection zaino has or I applied it incorrectly.

Also, can pressure washers remove z-2? I bought a different pressure washer (much softer) and my car doesnt feel as smooth ...

Patricks and Mike.. .Help!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OrangeCream
I guess my car had a big Bulls Eye Target for birds this week.... I got a bunch of tiny little bird droppings on my car.

I have about 2 coats of Zaino on my car . The bird droppings have been sitting on the car for about 2 days. The bird drops did come off with a wash but they left spots on the car...

Z6 Spray and a buffing towel does not get rid of them. I used Meguiars Swril Remover Polish- (I forget what #) to get rid of them. I didn't want to use Zaino Polish since you have to let it sit...and I didn't if I would seal them in.

Maybe I didnt apply the Zaino Z-2 correctly but shouldn't a normal soap and water wash get rid of these spots completely? I'm not very impressed with the protection zaino has or I applied it incorrectly.

Also, can pressure washers remove z-2? I bought a different pressure washer (much softer) and my car doesnt feel as smooth ...

Patricks and Mike.. .Help!
It doesnt matter what your using for protection, i have yet to see a product that can protect the surface from such harsh acids. Your best bet is "having something" though. Im sure youve read the current ongoing thread ? https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93522
As for stain removal, its an actual etching of the clearcoat that left its mark. How far do you want to go ? I take every precaution to avoid droppings, i park in the sun instead of under tree shade, and keep it in the carport as often as i can. Always carry some instant detailer and MF with you too !!
Old 10-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Advanced

Totally agree with Patrick.

Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to bird droppings. See the other thread Patrick is referring to.

Normal soap and water will remove bird doo only if your get it quick enough. If you let it sit to the point etching occurs, they won't come off easily except for an abrasive solution (pre-cleaner, polish, compound, wetsanding- less to more aggessive respectively and don't try wetsanding yourself). Please read the other thread to get more suggestions and prevention is the best route.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
I keep, and recommend, having a small bottle of "detailing spray" in the car with a few soft paper towels (shop towels, not the kitchen type). The pH of the detailing sprays, plus the surfactants, will remove the bird crap and negate its highly acidic properties.

I have been using the 3M "Perfect-It Show Car" Wax for my daily driver cars. It has lots of good stuff: carnauba, montan wax, dimethypolysiloxane ("silicone"), and a unique fluoropolymer in an acrylic base, with properties similar to PTFE, but ina form which can easily be applied at home. This has the slickest, most resistant finish I have found, including Zaino. It lacks the ultimate clarity of the carnaubas (which my garage queens get), but more than makes up for it in durability.

The 3M product is a derivative of 3M's Marine products - Marine applications are the harshest known to me.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Intermediate

When I have bird droppings in my car that have dried off completely I spray Amor-All to them then wait like 20 seconds then I wiped them off witht a terry cloth. Works all the time, and no spotting from the bird crap is left.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Intermediate

For dried bird droppings I have been successful in removing them by running hot water over an all cotton wash cloth and letting the wet cloth sit on the area for a few seconds. I can then wipe up the droppings with the wash cloth and have not noticed any residue.