MEG's NXT ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005 | 12:32 AM
B A N N E D

MEG's NXT ?

This is my first post here. Ive always thought i do a nutz job on my waxing. I wax my car every 2 days with nxt or everday depending on the rain if any falls. I cover my car at night to prevent condinsation from forming. I use NXT wax after i dust my car off with a micro fiber towl. The paint job is BRAND NEW less than 3 weeks old. IS there more to waxing my car than just the bottle of nxt ? Here are some pics. ALso, how do i clean my aplicator pads ? can i through my micro fiber in the wash ?

I picked the ones that show the paint quality and wax. I live in TX so i get very very little road dust. BUT i still wipe off the dust with a mf cloth and begin waxing.
Old 11-17-2005 | 12:58 AM
Master Graphic Artist

Looks pretty slick. You know you don't have to wax that often. A good wax over should last you at least 3 months. Its main purpose being to protect your paint. On the other hand if you want a shiny detail, just get some detail spray or wipe and just wipe down from time to time.
Old 11-17-2005 | 07:38 AM
Driver/Detailer

You should try waxing every 2 weeks, after washing.

Usually the consensus is that waxing should only be carried out after washing.
Old 11-17-2005 | 08:17 AM
B A N N E D

the thing is,, i never wash my car since it never gets dirty. I dont allow it to. When it rains, i dont drive it. I keep the car cover on it then wipe it down and wax it again. How do i get the BEST shine out of her ?
Old 11-17-2005 | 08:55 AM
Burning Brakes

IMO, you don't need to wax it with NXT as much as you are. NXT has some cleaning abilities that does not allow it to layer. There are a ton of waxes out there you can try. Try some carnauba wax, it may give a little more shine, depth. Instead of waxing it every 2 days, a detailer spray works as well, and does not take as long.

As for the microfibre, hand wash it and air dry them. Do not use bleach or wash with your clothes as they have lint and making your towels less efficient. Use liquid soap and some vinegar is okay.
Old 11-17-2005 | 08:56 AM
I now drive an accord....

Waxing that often is totally uncalled for

Wax just protects the paints and adds some shine. If you want more shine you should use a polish. I use NXT and I don't really drive it when it rains or in bad weather, and it stays in my garage. My NXT usually lasts about 3-6 months under these conditions.

P.S. You also shouldn't be waxing fresh paint anyway. It needs time to cure

Last edited by spdy0001; 11-17-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-17-2005 | 12:24 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Originally Posted by spdy0001

P.S. You also shouldn't be waxing fresh paint anyway. It needs time to cure
that's exactly what i was thinking... isn't it a little to early to wax?
Old 11-17-2005 | 12:55 PM
Intermediate

yea i think i also think u waxed ur car too early..i thought u had to let new paint cure for 60-90 days before u could wax it..but eehhh...too late to do anything about it now...u go to www.autopia.org...its a website dedicated to just detailing cars....u'll find all u needa learn there
Old 11-17-2005 | 03:06 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by chaosboi916
yea i think i also think u waxed ur car too early..i thought u had to let new paint cure for 60-90 days before u could wax it..but eehhh...too late to do anything about it now...u go to www.autopia.org...its a website dedicated to just detailing cars....u'll find all u needa learn there
My paint doest need to cure. The Goldstandard PPG booth they used baked the paint. Its baked on there.
Old 11-17-2005 | 10:08 PM
2016 E350 Sport

You are absolutely using way too much NXT. NXT is not a wax but a synthetic polymer. 2-3 coats of NXT is plenty. NXT is not designed to be layered like some of the other car care companies. All of these applications will give you a better chance to create small scratches and swirls in your paint. I also rarely wash my car during dry periods. I suggest you invest in Megs NXT Spray Wax and Quick Detailer. Also, get yourself plenty of microfiber towels. Costco sells them in large packs of 15-20. They are decent quality and inexpensive. Last, I would invest in a CA duster to dust off your car. Only get the one with the wood handle. The CA duster with the plastic handle is crap!!!
Old 11-17-2005 | 11:08 PM
Former Sponsor

If your finding a need to wax or protect so often, that should indicate to you that the product is not providing durabilty. As several post ahead of mine, consider quick detailing products, quality microfiber towels and wash items to reduce swirling.
Consider some of the higher end boutique products. I wonder if Meguiars is dissapointed in NXT's durability?
Old 11-18-2005 | 12:56 AM
B A N N E D

i dont do it for durability. I do it because i have a lust for that shine. I just layerd her up today with turtle wax professional with carnuba. The shine is insane I wax because i think its fun, and i love having my car waxed before i drive it. I dont wax in circles. I wax with the grain of the paint. * yes, paint has a grain *
Old 11-18-2005 | 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Well, whatever totes your boat then ! Grain ? Ok. Wax away then.....
Old 11-18-2005 | 08:57 PM
TYPE-S

just curious what tire dressing did you use on your tires ?
Old 11-19-2005 | 12:51 AM
B A N N E D

i use NXT tire shine
Old 11-19-2005 | 07:11 AM
Driver/Detailer

Instead of applying NXT every 2 days, why not try QD spray, especially NXT Speed Detailer? It helps to bring back the shine of NXT. So you could wax every 2 weeks and QD every 3 days or similar.
Old 11-22-2005 | 01:21 PM
Racer

umm waxing your car every 2 days. me thinks someone has OCD :troutslap
Old 11-22-2005 | 09:00 PM
Driver/Detailer

Hey, I would wax every 2 days too if I could. hehehehe But I get my fix from QD'ing.
Old 11-22-2005 | 10:26 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Originally Posted by rtlltj
umm waxing your car every 2 days. me thinks someone has OCD :troutslap
I was thinking the same thing!
Old 11-23-2005 | 10:41 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Originally Posted by ayougo
I wax with the grain of the paint. * yes, paint has a grain *
BS!!.........grain?!...........

Do you have wood on your car? That's pretty funny....

If that were true then rotary and dual action polishers would totally ruin the finish. Think about it.

Last edited by SweetJazz; 11-23-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-26-2005 | 10:03 PM
I need 2 more gears

Grain of want? whole grain....like cereal. OCD!
Old 11-27-2005 | 12:33 AM
Burning Brakes

What most of the guys are saying is that your waxing becomes redundant after the second application. A product like NXT gives phenomenal shine, but does not have longevity. My concern is that you would wax after just "dusting" which to me means you are actually sealing in some contaminants that may not be visible to you, so in essence you just sealed in those contaminants under layers of wax. On a fresh coat of paint, that would spell problems down the road. My -Do it the right way and wax only after you wash. And if you feel the need to wax that often, there are much better and layerable products out there other than NXT.
Old 11-27-2005 | 11:55 PM
B A N N E D

in "dusting" i rinse the car and dry it off. There are not any "unseen contaminates" the car is always shiney and alwasy clean anyways. I use NXT speed detailer now ( GReat shit ) but it just rained so i gots to rinse and wax again with turtle. I wax to keep my shit shiney. Oh and paint does have "grain" so to speak, not like wood or anything you can see. but when they paint your car, they paint it , not in circles, but in straigh lines. You want to wax with these lines not in circles ( not when your doing it with your hands ) buffer is different. What matters is that ive had no issues with my techniques and the paint speeks for itself. microfiber takes out most of the contaminates and so does the cleaner wax
Old 11-28-2005 | 03:40 PM
Intermediate

in "dusting" i rinse the car and dry it off. There are not any "unseen contaminates" the car is always shiney and alwasy clean anyways. I use NXT speed detailer now ( GReat shit ) but it just rained so i gots to rinse and wax again with turtle. I wax to keep my shit shiney. Oh and paint does have "grain" so to speak, not like wood or anything you can see. but when they paint your car, they paint it , not in circles, but in straigh lines. You want to wax with these lines not in circles ( not when your doing it with your hands ) buffer is different. What matters is that ive had no issues with my techniques and the paint speeks for itself. microfiber takes out most of the contaminates and so does the cleaner wax
ur technique sucks...u dun much about wax or contaminates and ur paint WILL speak for itself in due time
Old 11-28-2005 | 03:51 PM
Go Horns!

dude you need to find better things to do with your time, find a girl, if you are too ugly to how about the five finger knuckle shuffle
Old 11-28-2005 | 08:59 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Average Jose
dude you need to find better things to do with your time, find a girl, if you are too ugly to how about the five finger knuckle shuffle
? i just moved to a new state cut me some slack. I work at a car wash too so I do what i do to keep my car shiney. I wash it then i wax it. Nuf said. I dust it to keep it clean and prevent spidering later down the road since i use a car cover and when it rains, any contaminates filter through it onto the paint ( means i haft to wash it again and wax it again )
Old 11-28-2005 | 09:00 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by chaosboi916
ur technique sucks...u dun much about wax or contaminates and ur paint WILL speak for itself in due time
i doubt it. I know alot of keeping paint fresh. Ive owned the car for 6 years till it got repainted due to a storm. And the paint was almost as nice as it was repainted after those 6 years Waxing is waxing and i do it alot so dont hate.
Old 11-28-2005 | 09:02 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Average Jose
im not ugly......i think... haha

Also, are you going to the Houston meet ? There having a BBQ ( more accords mostly but still looks cool to attend.
Old 11-30-2005 | 06:36 AM
Intermediate

It kind of sounds like you are puting a lot of effort into keeping your car looking good. IMO is sounds like you could get a lot better out of your time by thinking about the products you are using and how you go about it.

Listen to guys around here like exceldetail. He has some excellent advice.
Old 11-30-2005 | 06:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bateman
It kind of sounds like you are puting a lot of effort into keeping your car looking good. IMO is sounds like you could get a lot better out of your time by thinking about the products you are using and how you go about it.

Listen to guys around here like exceldetail. He has some excellent advice.
you can say what ever you want and think u know everything cause you wax your car but there are several professional detailers here who detail high end cars for a living, and u somehow think u know more than they do
Old 11-30-2005 | 07:06 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tennisjon2002
you can say what ever you want and think u know everything cause you wax your car but there are several professional detailers here who detail high end cars for a living, and u somehow think u know more than they do
Sorry if I missed if your reply was directed at me or the guy that started this thread. I directed him towards one of the professional detailers who's advice helped me greatly.
Old 11-30-2005 | 11:26 AM
Safety Car

Bateman, I believe he agrees with you and that post is directed at the originator. It's all cool. As far as ayougo is concerned, dif'rent stokes for di'rent folks!
Old 11-30-2005 | 04:45 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Bateman, I believe he agrees with you and that post is directed at the originator. It's all cool. As far as ayougo is concerned, dif'rent stokes for di'rent folks!
Hmm, what product would you detailers use for your vehicle ? Ive already bought my pc and now i suppose, i need a high end product like zaino or whatever you recommend. Im using consumer products and of course, there not going to be as good as commericial/ high end product. My steps are in the correct order, but i suppose i could save time using better products and technique. : wash, dry, cleaner wax, carnuba wax, Nxt ? Is there a product that gives me that "wet" look while protecting my car from this Hot texas sunlight and my presious paint ? Compared to hand waxing jobs, will my pc, coped with a quality pad and quality product give me a noticably better finish when im done?

To the post directed tward me about knowing everything, of course i dont. Thats why i posted, as to inquire on different techniques and see what others are doing and there recommendations and opinions on mine.

If your ever in Montgomery Tx, stop by the car wash on 105 N and ill give you a free bee ironicaly, im the manager at the wash
Old 11-30-2005 | 05:36 PM
Team Owner

Hmm, what product would you detailers use for your vehicle ? Ive already bought my pc and now i suppose, i need a high end product like zaino or whatever you recommend. Im using consumer products and of course, there not going to be as good as commericial/ high end product. My steps are in the correct order, but i suppose i could save time using better products and technique. : wash, dry, cleaner wax, carnuba wax, Nxt ? Is there a product that gives me that "wet" look while protecting my car from this Hot texas sunlight and my presious paint ? Compared to hand waxing jobs, will my pc, coped with a quality pad and quality product give me a noticably better finish when im done?

To the post directed tward me about knowing everything, of course i dont. Thats why i posted, as to inquire on different techniques and see what others are doing and there recommendations and opinions on mine.

If your ever in Montgomery Tx, stop by the car wash on 105 N and ill give you a free bee ironicaly, im the manager at the wash
Check out this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/any-pc-users-285571/#post4539735

I'm in a similar situation as you. I also just bought a PC and asked similar questions. There are a couple of pros that discussed some good products in that thread.
Old 11-30-2005 | 08:06 PM
Safety Car

Hmm, what product would you detailers use for your vehicle ? Ive already bought my pc and now i suppose, i need a high end product like zaino or whatever you recommend. Im using consumer products and of course, there not going to be as good as commericial/ high end product. My steps are in the correct order, but i suppose i could save time using better products and technique. : wash, dry, cleaner wax, carnuba wax, Nxt ? Is there a product that gives me that "wet" look while protecting my car from this Hot texas sunlight and my presious paint? Compared to hand waxing jobs, will my pc, coped with a quality pad and quality product give me a noticably better finish when im done?

Dude, some of the responses were given to help you and you insisted that you do it every 2 days when really, there's no need to. You can still maintain a very clean and pristine look without excessive waxing or washing. The fact that you're the manager at a car wash, I now see the reason why you can do what you do every other day.

That aside, there's couple of good threads to read like the Car Care FAQ's and the "How To" series from Autopia located towards the bottom of the page. Another fantastic site is BCC. As far as products go, do a search and find out what other members are using and how they like the products. You mentioned Zaino, and I believe it is a great product. However, I also feel you can achieve the same results using other products like Poorboys's, Four Star, Optimum, ClearKote and Klasse. This is just my opinion and you know what those are like.
Old 12-01-2005 | 12:36 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Dude, some of the responses were given to help you and you insisted that you do it every 2 days when really, there's no need to. You can still maintain a very clean and pristine look without excessive waxing or washing. The fact that you're the manager at a car wash, I now see the reason why you can do what you do every other day.

That aside, there's couple of good threads to read like the Car Care FAQ's and the "How To" series from Autopia located towards the bottom of the page. Another fantastic site is BCC. As far as products go, do a search and find out what other members are using and how they like the products. You mentioned Zaino, and I believe it is a great product. However, I also feel you can achieve the same results using other products like Poorboys's, Four Star, Optimum, ClearKote and Klasse. This is just my opinion and you know what those are like.
Opinions are good. They help individuals understand the corolation between there ideas and other persona's.
Old 12-01-2005 | 04:25 PM
Just dial 1911

Can't wait for the new Porter Cable "Polish With The Grain" buffer...
Old 12-03-2005 | 03:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Opinions are good. They help individuals understand the corolation between there ideas and other persona's.
Old 12-03-2005 | 03:31 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Originally Posted by joerockt
Can't wait for the new Porter Cable "Polish With The Grain" buffer...
Old 12-04-2005 | 12:14 AM
B A N N E D

i wax the way i wax and it hasnt failed me since. I suppose ill "porta buff in circles"

Quick Reply: MEG's NXT ?