Liquid Glass = Wax???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liquid Glass = Wax???

Is Liquid Glass "Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish" a wax or a polish? On a different thread, I see some say they wash, liquid glass, and than wax. But others say they finish with the liquid glass instead of wax.

Can someone clear up my confusion???

And also the process of detailing the car using liquid glass and a wax.

JayDee
Old 07-12-2004, 11:41 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Liquid Glass is an "old skool" sealant, it has been around for decades. I've heard on that LG was reformulated not too long ago and is not quite as good as it was. Still, its an older aminofunctionalsiloxane with fairly high solvent base and light abrasives. More durable than most waxes but not a state of the art product.

similar to Klasse AIO
Old 07-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JayDee808
Is Liquid Glass "Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish" a wax or a polish? On a different thread, I see some say they wash, liquid glass, and than wax. But others say they finish with the liquid glass instead of wax.

Can someone clear up my confusion???

And also the process of detailing the car using liquid glass and a wax.

JayDee
I have used LG for years and have nothing but praise for it. The only thing is that it's expensive and not very easy to find. It works much better on lighter metallic colors than on dark and solid colors. For a new car, it would improve the factory shine by several degrees and will go thru harsh winters and retain the protection requiring only an extra coat or two a year. The trick is to clay bar the car after a Dawn soap wash to remove the built up waxes and protectants from the dealer. Apply LG like you would any normal wax/ polish and buff to a shine. You need to leave the car out in the sun for a few hours to even out the acrylic and let it bond to the paint. I usually buff it with a MF buffer pad and renew the shine after washes with Eagle One Wax as U Dry spray using the MF cloth.

As long as you don't use "Cleaner" waxes that contain some abrasives, you're OK. Carnauba Wax on top of LG is fine but not the other way around.

I'm out of LG so I'm trying to hook up with a pro that can show me what Klasse AIO can do. My car is Silver and not too many Silver cars actually do shine. I get praises from other drivers aspecially at night when the reflections on the silver paint is phenomenal.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Liquid Glass is/can be difficult to use due to its compostion, although i have not tried the newer version. It may be better, but regardless, very high solvent content, i.e. cleaners......Non layerable, decent depth and shine, but below average for what all the other products have to offer.....For of the shelf stuff, i would go with NXT....Use a general polish, Megs/Mothers prior.........You can always top LG with another type of sealant, like a wax (Carnauba), just make sure its a pure carnauba......
Old 07-14-2004, 12:09 AM
LDH
I

where would i be able to find liquid glass?
Old 07-14-2004, 09:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LDH
where would i be able to find liquid glass?
Saw it a while back @Pepboys at Philly for around $17/ can on sale. You might get it online cheaper but with S&H.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Instructor

car quest

carries Liquid Glass - the other poster is right - it is an old school sealant like Zaino, Blackfire, UPP, EX - I find it hard to work with - much prefer UPP or EX.

It's not like Klasse AIO at all more like Klasse AG - AIO is a chemical cleaner product that leaves behind a small amount of acrylic protection
Old 07-14-2004, 11:22 PM
LDH
I

dont got car quest in cali, and i've never seen it in a pepboys but iguess i should look again
Old 07-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Instructor

You can buy it on line

www.premiumautocare.com
Old 07-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by groebuck
carries Liquid Glass - the other poster is right - it is an old school sealant like Zaino, Blackfire, UPP, EX - I find it hard to work with - much prefer UPP or EX.

It's not like Klasse AIO at all more like Klasse AG - AIO is a chemical cleaner product that leaves behind a small amount of acrylic protection
Question groe:

Is Klasse superior to Liquid Glass? If so, can I use it to enhance the shine?
Old 07-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Instructor

it depends - with Klasse you need AIO and SG (their cleaner and selant) - they are expensive but SG has great durability and gives awesome shine -