leather upkeep

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:21 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leather upkeep

Out of the meguiars brand and lexol which would be the best to maintain leather seats in the tsx?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
I was quite impressed with Poor Boy's
Old 03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
I was quite impressed with Poor Boy's
Poorboy's Leather Stuff is a great option as it's a 1 step product, that cleans, lightly conditions, UV protects and adds some leather scent. Great all around product for coated leather. Another nice option is the Optimum Protectant Plus, another 1 step product that cleans and UV protects.

I like the Lexol leather products too and can be found locally which is always convenient. The only downside is the lack of UV protection.

George
Old 03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by DetailedImage
Poorboy's Leather Stuff is a great option as it's a 1 step product, that cleans, lightly conditions, UV protects and adds some leather scent. Great all around product for coated leather. Another nice option is the Optimum Protectant Plus, another 1 step product that cleans and UV protects.

I like the Lexol leather products too and can be found locally which is always convenient. The only downside is the lack of UV protection.

George
George,

How often would you have to apply Poorboy's Leather Stuff to keep the leather pliable? Also, what does this stuff smell like, and how long will the scent last for?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Advanced

where do you find poor boy's leather stuff
Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Advanced

where do you find poor boy's leather stuff ?
Old 03-21-2009, 02:24 AM
He who laughs, last didnt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should try look into leather master or zaino leather cleaner and conditioner
Old 03-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by myaccord
Out of the meguiars brand and lexol which would be the best to maintain leather seats in the tsx?
Really, "best" can only be selected by you. You may have a different criteria then I, or another poster here. I have heard a lot of good things about Lexol, and a lot of terrible things about it as well. From its the "only protectant I have used in 10 years, and when I traded it it, they (seats) still looked new", to "It left this nasty coating all over the seats, the seats felt sticky, I'll never go back to it".
Megs on the other hand, have been at it a long time. I know they conduct a lot of research before they produce anything. Ive never used it before, matter of fact theres a lot of Megs stuff I have never used!
In either case, chances are your seats are vinyl coated and dont need a whole lot of critical care. Light cleaning with a warm dampened MF (water) weekly will remove light dirst away, and an occasional (8-10 weeks) layer of "protection" will normally suffice.
Again, i will refer to this article by my buddy over at einszett USA here in So Cal......I still think its one of the better leather care articles one could read!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JLTSX07
George,

How often would you have to apply Poorboy's Leather Stuff to keep the leather pliable? Also, what does this stuff smell like, and how long will the scent last for?
If you're giving your leather regular wipe downs with a damp microfiber cloth, I typically re-apply it every couple months. The reapplication is usually more for the UV protection rather than the conditioning. I try to apply it as thin as possible instead of over applying it. The smell reminds me of baseball glove leather, it isn't very long lasting, a few days to a week or so. If you have any other questions on anything, let me know.

Originally Posted by myaccord
where do you find poor boy's leather stuff
We offer Poorboy's Leather Stuff . Let me know if I can help with anything else.

George