Leather scented conditioner?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:37 PM
cmd
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leather scented conditioner?

I've been using Lexol conditioner and I don't care for it. It stinks and leaves a bit of a film on the seats. Any suggestions for leather scented conditioners?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:33 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
There are many reasons why you should'nt use an oil-based laether conditioner on polyurathene covered leather (but that's the subject of another post) besides the smell

If you like the synthetic smell (trust me the smell of rreal lethr is very unpleasant) try-
Leather Aroma - once leather hides go through the tanning process a neutralizer is introduced to remove the unpleasant odour from the fat liquoring and oils used. Leather should therefore have a no smell, however we have become accustomed to a certain odour that is associated with the natural leather hides of luxury vehicles interiors, i.e. ‘burl wood and natural leather', so manufacturers add it to their leather care products purely for marketing purposes.
This product is oil- based but the concentrate can be safely sprayed onto a towel and then wiped onto the vehicle interior upholstery. Long lasting and the only product I’ve found that actually has a pleasant albeit synthetic ‘smell of leather'. Leather Training & Technical Dept (LTT) - www.lttsolutions.net/