Klasse Sealant Glaze

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:45 PM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Klasse Sealant Glaze

Is it just me, or is Klasse SG a little difficult to work with? I used Klasse AIO first, then followed with a coat of the SG. I tried applying it dry at first, but figured out that incorporating some moisture helps it spread better and not dry so fast. The AIO was so easy to work with, I was surprised how quick the SG dries and becomes difficult to wipe off. Does the second coat go on easier than the first?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by jdjohn84
Is it just me, or is Klasse SG a little difficult to work with? I used Klasse AIO first, then followed with a coat of the SG. I tried applying it dry at first, but figured out that incorporating some moisture helps it spread better and not dry so fast. The AIO was so easy to work with, I was surprised how quick the SG dries and becomes difficult to wipe off. Does the second coat go on easier than the first?
SG is easy to master if you do the following;
Application
1) When applying it use a round yellow sponge applicator and I mist it first with distilled H2o.
2) Put some of the SG in a small spray bottle like the ones used for travel cosmetics and when applying to the pad squirt 5 squirts initially on the pad. One in the center then the other 4 around the outside.
3) Apply the SG very thin and when refreshing the SG on the pad just 4 squirts will do.
4) Do a panel then wipe off.

Removal

1) Use a 16 x 16 good quality M/F towel and fold it in 1/4.
2) Mist the towel face with distilled H2o and wipe off the dried SG.

Wala .. easy ..

Some will say use a QD to aid in wiping it off but if you do your altering the chemistry of the SG and risk its performance.

BTW a folded towel v/d a scrunched towel reduces the chance of streaking. Not only for SG but all sealant removal.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:07 AM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

Thanks for the tips. I use a soft foam sponge I got from autogeeks to apply, then a m/f to wipe off. I actually have two m/f - one is for initial wipe, then another, more plush m/f for final polishing. I had been dunking the sponge in water and squeezing out excess, and that seemed to help. The spritz is a good idea for both water and SG. I was pouring dime-sized amounts of SG on the sponge to do roughly 18X18 areas, and I went through quite a bit of a 16oz bottle pretty quickly. Distilled (or at least carbon filtered) water is a good idea for avoiding mineral deposits and hard water spots.

How many coats should a 16oz bottle yield for an average-sized car?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Thanks for the tips. I use a soft foam sponge I got from autogeeks to apply, then a m/f to wipe off. I actually have two m/f - one is for initial wipe, then another, more plush m/f for final polishing. I had been dunking the sponge in water and squeezing out excess, and that seemed to help. The spritz is a good idea for both water and SG. I was pouring dime-sized amounts of SG on the sponge to do roughly 18X18 areas, and I went through quite a bit of a 16oz bottle pretty quickly. Distilled (or at least carbon filtered) water is a good idea for avoiding mineral deposits and hard water spots.

How many coats should a 16oz bottle yield for an average-sized car?
After the initial spritz of H2o you don't need more on the sponge.

I can do the Acura TL with less than an oz.

Dime size is waaaaaay too much.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Needs to clean up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With Klase SG. less is more.. If you can see it from top while applying it, then you are putting on too much, if it is leaving a whitish strak when drying you are applying too much.

I typicall do multiple (2-3) panels, with one applicator with a dime size of KSG and then come back to wipe it down. Never had any problem, as long as the surface was cool.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

Thanks, guys. I guess my one thick coat was probably enough. Good to know as expensive as that stuff is. How about the AIO? I was using even more of that.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Thanks, guys. I guess my one thick coat was probably enough. Good to know as expensive as that stuff is. How about the AIO? I was using even more of that.
Thick or thin ... still the same amount goes on the car in one layer ..

AIO is the same .. don't need a lot.