Is Klasse enough?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 12:11 AM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Is Klasse enough?

After washing, is using Klasse All-in-One, followed by Klasse Sealant Glaze, enough? It would appear from their literature that doing that twice a year would be enough protection.

Let me add that this is for a daily driver, not a show car. I just want to keep it simple and have it look fairly nice without having to apply a bunch of different products.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It depends...yes it is enough for protection. However, it may not be enough for looks if you are detail oriented. I have a ~2 month old black 2010 model. It has some minor swirls and some scratches due to the dealer prep. The swirls are only visible in the brightest sun or darkest night with a spot light.

Klasse will not fill in the swirls. I have some Poorboy's Black Hole glaze and will see how that works once it gets a bit warmer out. Right now, I have 2 coats of Klasse SG on the car and it beads like crazy and still is extremely slick. I will use PB EX-P with the glaze.

If you want the wet carnauba look but with durability, try Collinite. That will last just as long as the Klasse. I'm going to give it a try. You can order it directly from Collinite for $14 and free shipping.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by emaxxman
If you want the wet carnauba look but with durability, try Collinite. That will last just as long as the Klasse. I'm going to give it a try. You can order it directly from Collinite for $14 and free shipping.
So far the Collinite 845 hasn't stood up as well as Duragloss #105 and the #105 isn't even close to the Klasse SG.

So far to me Collinite is vastly overated ... I have used it on numerous customers cars and where it outlasts all OTC waxes its not outlasting any of the decent sealants.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jdjohn84
After washing, is using Klasse All-in-One, followed by Klasse Sealant Glaze, enough? It would appear from their literature that doing that twice a year would be enough protection.

Let me add that this is for a daily driver, not a show car. I just want to keep it simple and have it look fairly nice without having to apply a bunch of different products.

Klasse SG will do fine but it does like a good clean surface to bond to so make sure you use the AIO first.

SG is a bit trickie to use .. applie it very thin and do about 2 x 2' at a time and to take it off mist it with water and use a M/F towel. It flashes near instantly so wipe it off right away.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:56 PM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

Thanks for your replies, guys. Jess, I went to your website and got a little education about waxes vs. sealants...good stuff. Looks like the Klasse twins fit my cost/performance point nicely, which is what I was looking for. I plan to apply a couple of layers of SG after using AIO. If I don't think the finish looks wet enough, I might use some spray-on quick wax between applications of the twins.

Before doing any of that, however, I have some scratches and bird dropping etchings to take care of first. I tried Megs ScratchX 2.0, which helped some, but I am going to need something more agressive to finish the job. I have some TW polishing (not rubbing) compound, but I'm thinking that Megs Ultimate compound might be better. BTW, I'm doing this all by hand. Any thoughts?

Oh yeah, Jess, I thought you should know that your website has the only occurrence of the word 'diamacetaneous' on the web. It's not even on Websters...hmmm
Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jdjohn84
Oh yeah, Jess, I thought you should know that your website has the only occurrence of the word 'diamacetaneous' on the web. It's not even on Websters...hmmm

Good eye .... it was a typo .. s/b Diatomaceous
Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 AM
2003 TL-S w/Navi NBP

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Good eye .... it was a typo .. s/b Diatomaceous
Not so much good eye, but I like to understand what I'm reading, so tried to look it up. Diatoms: little microscopic dudes with silicon exoskeletons. Now that I know!