Just a word about Optimum OptiSeal

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Just a word about Optimum OptiSeal

So I finally got around to trying OS a couple of weeks ago. Once on a Porsche (cuz I just had to) and that was so impressive, I thought I would try it on my own ride. After watching it cure for a few days, the slickness picked up a tad. Nothing like UPP, but I thought to myself, hmmmm UPP and OS? More on that later.....
Anyway, what I wanted to bring to those who are readings attention, is the fact that yes, its very easy to apply, i mean ya apply with a foam app, and then ......well, your basically done. But what was real surprising was the fact that it attracted Z E R O dust. Even after 60 mile roundtrips for detailng (several) I still came home in a fairly spotless truck. I cleaned it up today with Freedom Original Waterless, and there was literally nothing to speak of on the MF.

So, my next project? A base of OS, followed up with UPP.........Whadya think?
Im thinking K I L L E R..........
Old 06-04-2007, 12:38 AM
2002 TL-S NGP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patrick, I have both products. Is UPP always the top coat? Or, just in the case of when you use OS? Could you go OS, UPP and maintain with UPP spray? I second the ease-of-use in applying OS. It's simply one of the smoothest products I've ever applied - literally wipe with the applicator pads and you're done!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nothin' but Da Truth
Patrick, I have both products. Is UPP always the top coat? Or, just in the case of when you use OS? Could you go OS, UPP and maintain with UPP spray?
Perfect...........I would say only in this case to use the UPP on top. Cuz were both looking for something a little slicker then OS.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

I was looking into thise product when you had made the intial annoucement about its arrival. I was thinking i would use it the exact way you mentioned as well. I really like the UPP and QD but was looking for a little something extra. Although, i'm still waiting for you to test your Xzilon kit you got first and see what products are "safe" to use on it
Old 06-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patrick, does OS have more gloss and reflectivity than UPP? If not, wouldn't it be advantageous to have OS on top because of it's durability and use UPP as the initial layer?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
I was looking into thise product when you had made the intial annoucement about its arrival. I was thinking i would use it the exact way you mentioned as well. I really like the UPP and QD but was looking for a little something extra. Although, i'm still waiting for you to test your Xzilon kit you got first and see what products are "safe" to use on it
I actually applied Xzilon, and OS, side by side the other day on a white pickup (no picks). I will post a seperate thread here shortly......
Patrick, does OS have more gloss and reflectivity than UPP? If not, wouldn't it be advantageous to have OS on top because of it's durability and use UPP as the initial layer?
It has incredible gloss, and that black Porsche really turned out nice, but it just lacked the slickness.......Im very use to UPP's incredible slickness. UPP kind of sets the bar for me.......
Old 06-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Racer

so if you're using UPP (which i am) it would be OptiSeal first then UPP ?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by alucardx
so if you're using UPP (which i am) it would be OptiSeal first then UPP ?
IMO, yes. I havent tried it yet, but thats the route I would opt for.....It seems like OS would make a wonderful base for UPP.........But wait several hours, or give the OS some warmth in the sun. Gentle wipedown, then apply the UPP.
Geeez I sound like Betty Crocker, "Preheat your car at 140 degs for 10 minutes, gently message some UPP over the surface, and bake again for 10 minutes at same temp. One last wipedown to minimize dust accumulation while the surface is still warm. Then sit back and enjoy with a cold one!"