Old 12-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got a new PC, now a few Q's

Just got the PC with
3 Lake Country’s Low Profile 5.5 inch Orange Light Cutting Pads
12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Fine Swirl Remover #2
12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze

Are these products good to start with? or do i have to get other pads or swirl removers?
Also, what is the stock white pad good for?

Old 12-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, i have to be the first to ask. Why did you buy this stuff not knowing if its anygood?
Shame on you for not asking here first!
The Orange pads are the polishing work horses. They can be used for aggressive polishing or also light spiderwebbing. The white are better for just light spiderwebbs. Make sure the pad supports the product, or everything goes to hell!
That white pad, if its attached to a rigid backing plate is useless in my book. I know nothing about Pinnacle products, other then , ahem......they're well marketed........Maybe others who have experience with that particular brand can add?!
Chris, dont be afraid to ask first next time! I know how exciting it can be to get started, but do so with some expert advice from the fine folks here at WW. There are quite a few individuals here who offer very good advice for nearly all aspects of detailing, from polishing procedures and techniques to product recommendations. We were all in your shoes at one time, but have evolved with trial and error, but we've come to find, our best asset is each other!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chr8808
Just got the PC with
3 Lake Country’s Low Profile 5.5 inch Orange Light Cutting Pads
12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Fine Swirl Remover #2
12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze

Are these products good to start with? or do i have to get other pads or swirl removers?
The LC pads are very good, but I don't know what the low profile pads (made by LC?) look like (must be a little thinner than the DA pads). If you plan on using the glaze, you'll probably need a finishing pad (gray, I believe?). I would also get a polishing (white) pad and a backing plate.

As far as the Pinnacle XMT line, It was introduced several months ago and I think it was developed for use specifically with the PC. That's all I know about it nor will I have the inclination to use them. Very satisfied with my current line.
Originally Posted by Chr8808
Also, what is the stock white pad good for?
I did use it to clean my slding glass door, worked really well. Other than that, nothing.