Just bought a bunch of Griot's Garage products...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a bunch of Griot's Garage products...

They have ONE retail store near where I live, and that's it. They do have online ordeing, and warehouses all over the states. I went in and bought quite a few products, a bit expensive, but I must say after using some I'm quite impressed. They have a cleaning product for anything you could imagine. Any of you use Griot's?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
You should have consulted the Detail Lords of Acurazine's Wash and Wax first!!
I think the majority of us would have swayed you from purchasing there for better savings and products.......But if you appreciate its results, who are we to sway!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Griot's does offer a lot of products and then some. As ED mentioned, there are other products that can produce the same result, maybe better and at a lesser cost. Regardless of what product you use and you get the satisfaction you desire, it's all good. And Mike, when you do get to use them, post a review/summary of the products along with updates on durability/longevity as well as pics.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Most of what they sell is just relabeled Griot's. You can find most, if not all of their products from other sites without the Griot's label. And you'll save lot's of $$.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned

Griot's does offer a lot of products and then some. As ED mentioned, there are other products that can produce the same result, maybe better and at a lesser cost. Regardless of what product you use and you get the satisfaction you desire, it's all good. And Mike, when you do get to use them, post a review/summary of the products along with updates on durability/longevity as well as pics
Yeah I will def do that. I have a TON of Meguiars products, and thought I'd give this a try. My dad had found the shop, and him with his new SRT8 Jeep, loves cars. But ya def a bit expensive.

Most of what they sell is just relabeled Griot's. You can find most, if not all of their products from other sites without the Griot's label. And you'll save lot's of $$.
Yeah I agree, I couldnt believe what they charged for some of their products.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:22 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT

I will say, there are a few things they do better then some, even things most claim that are relabeled. I've yet to find a hose nozzle as good as their ultimate. Even the ones people claim are what Griots relabels just aren't as good. With that said, i'm not a fan of any of their liquid products, but they've got some great and unique tools

My dad has a hard on for their shit, so I let him purchase stuff then steal it behind his back.

What did you order Mike? Are you sure they have warehouses all around the country? I thought it was all done out of their sole location
Old 03-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Banned

My dad has a hard on for their shit, so I let him purchase stuff then steal it behind his back.

What did you order Mike? Are you sure they have warehouses all around the country? I thought it was all done out of their sole location
lol at taking your dads stuff. Recently it was my dad taking mine and my bros stuff. My dad went up and found the store, bought a bunch of stuff, then me and my bro went up and did the same thing, but said ouch on pricing. Thought we'd give it a shot though, since we got a shitload of meguiars products. I didn't order, I just went to there ONLY retail location you can actually go to, which is in WA state. The guy said they have warehouses in a few states, but those are strictly for catalog orders. It's a very small showroom but kinda cool to go to.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:25 AM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
I've used some of their products for over 5 years. What I've found is that some are great, others are just overpriced and you can do better.

For instance, I like their speed shine product, and the wheel cleaner is also great. I'm not a fan of their clays, and their synthetic chamois just sucked. I tried their dimpled drying towel and it's great, as are their microfiber cloths. I used their Wax in my CL-S and it was good, not great. Lasted a reasonable time.

My three favorite Griot's Garage products:
- Rubber-lined sheepskin mitt - kicks ass. Wash the car when it's in the high 40s. Hand stays dry.
- Interior Cleaner - This along with one microfiber cloth and a few minutes gets your dash, doors and console clean in a hurry.
- Leather scent air freshner - I bought a bottle like 3 years ago when I had the CL-S, and it's not even half empty. Even after over 2 years, people still told me they could smell the leather like it's new in the CL hehehehe. Just last week I heard the same about my 04 TSX.

Old 03-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I like their new car scent.