I really love Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Powered By HONDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really love Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax.

today my wife and i spent whole afternoon to detail my jeep.i almost have it for a year but i have never hand wash it nor hand wax it yet.but i do always bring it to the machine wash. as it has the new paint almost for 8 months now,i think it is time to hand wash it and hand wax it. after wash and dry my jeep.i use the Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax
(the same one i use to wax my cls)to hand wax my jeep and took me an hour to wax entire jeep..after the result.i was so so amazed.my jeep looks almost brand new as it is clean outside and inside... I really love Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax. i think that is the best wax i ever use.. my jeep really looks nice and cool...and tomorrow i am going to safeco field for the seattle mariner's game VS KC royals...
pitty that i do not have a digi cam to take the photos of my jeep and cls..anyone can recommand the economical and reasonable price of a digi cam..i do not need the top of lines dig cams..i just want to use it to take photos of my jeep and cls and my cats only and post them on the internet..so what is brand and price ??thanks...
Old 07-03-2002, 10:36 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
The one MAJOR issue I had with MGC was its durability. One week of being out in the elements, or just a normal wash and I could notice that the wax was coming off. I found myself applying the stuff every couple of weeks. No thanks...

It did shine my CL really well, however. I'll admit that. But the durability stinks.

As for a digi. cam., take a look at the Sonys. I recently got the DSC-P71 and I love it. I paid $379 for it at amazon.com. If that's too much, they also make a 2.2MP model. Just make sure you get the one with OPTICAL zoom. Don't buy into the digital zoom crap. It SUCKS!!!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Scrib is absolutely right. Unfortunately it's true with all carnaubas. Longevity is not their strong suit. But the shine is amazing.

If only someone could get the look/shine of carnauba in a polymer.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya I have the same wax on my Black CLS now, I'm not at all happy with it. It washes off pretty easy, and really has to be applied every week if you hand wash and or use your car as a daily driver.

I also find myself having to re-apply the swirl remover and polish (step 1, and step 2) every two weeks also super pain in the butt, and a big time consumer. But when done right with the 3 steps it looks pretty good for a few days.

I can't wait for my Zaino order to arrive...

Zymol is a better choice over Meguiars if your not going to go the Zaino route.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:47 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by SiGGy
Ya I have the same wax on my Black CLS now, I'm not at all happy with it. It washes off pretty easy, and really has to be applied every week if you hand wash and or use your car as a daily driver.

I also find myself having to re-apply the swirl remover and polish (step 1, and step 2) every two weeks also super pain in the butt, and a big time consumer. But when done right with the 3 steps it looks pretty good for a few days.

I can't wait for my Zaino order to arrive...

Zymol is a better choice over Meguiars if your not going to go the Zaino route.
*cough* BlackFire *cough*

Old 07-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Scrib

*cough* BlackFire *cough*

heh, ya

Just sharing my experience too (even though it's almost a CC of yours, just you didn't mention the 2 other annoying steps, heh)

It's a royal pain doing all 3 steps every few weeks. I'm hoping zaino will cure my aching ARM!!! lol