I love the way my TSX looks right now!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003 | 05:43 PM
Not an Ashtray

I love the way my TSX looks right now!

And, the car is getting lots of stares and complements. Here is the summary of my detailing:

1) Two coats of Meguir's wax. First, I used a polisher/wax combination then I used their premium "gold' version for the last coat.

2) Vinylx on the black plastic trim, mudguards ext. Vinylx doens't make it shine, but nicely brings out the black color. I also used Vinylx on every vinyl surface in my car. Looks great. darker, cleaner, and more dust resistant, but no much of a shine and not sticky.

3) Lexol leather conditioner on all leather surfaces. I cleaned the leather with lexol leather cleaner first, and then conditioned the leather. I did it twice, waiting about two weeks before applications. Came our really nice. The leather just looks classier, and more supple.

4) I Rain-x'ed all the windows. I know that some people here don't like Rain-X and I'm not sure why. You can't even tell its there, and it makes water bead nicely during rain.

5) Dealer cleaned the tires when I last brought the car in. I have no idea what he did, but I suprised by how much cleaning up the tires added.

6) I have not done anything to the carpets yet, other than getting the all season floormats. But, I'm thinking of Scotchgarding them or something like that. The carpet in my old Accord got really dirty after a while, and the carpet in the TSX feels kind of cheap.

7) I bought a few of those cleaner cloths you use to get CRT's clean, and I used it to wipe down the dash and plastic surfaces. My car seem to accumulate a lot of dust in the LA smog, and I've had a devil of a time keeping the interior dust free.