How good is Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:24 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How good is Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax?

I have a supply on hand and although there are certainly differences between products, I like to use up what I have on hand before trying something new.

But. . .we just picked up my wife's brand new Volvo XC90, and it's smooth as a baby's behind, and I want to get some synthetic wax on it pronto. We don't keep after the cars often enough to make carnauba, at least as the base coat, make sense. I'm not considering Zaino, so don't recommend it. It has to be a normally applied (wipe on, wipe off, one-step process) product.

For a daily driver, the Meguiars Gold Class should provide pretty good protection, yes? I've always liked it. If someone thinks I should start with a different product, it needs to be locally available. I just got my box from Patrick (thanks, Patrick! ), but I need to get this job done Saturday and I won't get ordered stuff quickly enough. Auto Zone or Pep Boys available product.

Thanks!

P.S. It's not a TL, but that XC90 in Titanium Gray with slate leather interior is a pretty sharp vehicle! At least now if I have to drive the wife's car, I'll enjoy it more than the old V70 wagon!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Safety Car

I don't know what you ordered from Patrick, but if you're looking for an OTC product, I would give serious consideration to the Duragloss line of products. More specifically, the 111 (sealant) and the AW (more of a QD, simply put, awesome). Easy application and removal for both these products. Check out the site for more info and FWIW, Exceldetail, Autogeek and Detail City carry the line (most of it, anyway).
Old 11-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not considering Zaino, so don't recommend it. It has to be a normally applied (wipe on, wipe off, one-step process) product.
LMAO.....But understandable..

Haw's recommendations for AW is right one. Very, very simple. Excellent protection if used with frequency (monthly). Use that NRWS you ordered, then the AW! The Megs GC is a good product if your into paste waxes. I have never used the liquid version. Whats key to protection is using the product in the first place. If its difficult to use, you wont use it.
Congrats the the XC!

Last edited by exceldetail; 11-01-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Instructor

Thanks, Patrick. Can't wait to use the pads 'n stuff I just got from you. When I get rid of the collection of stuff in the garage, I think I'll make you my one-stop-shop. I just hate to toss the Meg's Gold Class. I'll use what I can this fall, then toss the rest. In the spring, when I get out the clay and the polish again, for both the XC90 and the TL, I'll get a supply of the right stuff from you.

The XC90 is pretty cool. Still like my TL better, but I do like the ball and chain's new toy, I must say. Smells GREAT in there. New leather. Mmmmmmm.

Edit Nope! I found the Duragloss 111 you were talking about! If I can find it at a local store before Saturday, that's what the XC90 will get. Thanks to both of you!

JPC

Last edited by JohnCollins; 11-01-2006 at 05:59 PM. Reason: additional thought
Old 11-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if i want to keep it simple, yet have great looks and durability...i'd go with collinite 845 as the primary product and then touch up with AW after regular washes.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Honda+Blue=My garage

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
What is AW?
Just got my 7424 and 3M products were recommended, any thoughts?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Instructor

It's the Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Wax! Duragloss lists a half-dozen auto parts chains that are supposed to carry it. . .none in my area do. Weird.

I've always gotten good results with it. It will be fine for the new car. When I run out, I'll buy replacement product from Patrick.

Thanks for the suggestions, though!

John
Old 11-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pmptx
What is AW?
Just got my 7424 and 3M products were recommended, any thoughts?
AW = Aqua Wax by Duragloss ..... Maybe the store you purchased your PC from pushes a particular product line. What products did they recommend?