How good does Zaino work.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How good does Zaino work.....

I can tell from pictures of members cars who use it that it makes the cars extremely shiny. I would like to know how good it is at repelling water, dust, etc. Currently I am using Mother's Wax and it only takes a day before the buildup of dust makes the car dull. And when it rains the water drops just bead up and leave water spots. Would really like to know how much better Zaino is before I drop $50 on all the Z-stuff. THX.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:24 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone here has 'Zaino Forcefield' listed in their sig...it's true. The water just bounces off. Washing/drying is also very easy after Zaino'ing.

Bugs don't stick...I just drove to NYC this past weekend and killed a lot of bugs on my return trip. A QUICK and EASY wash took care of that.

I have not been as impressed for dust resistance, but I think that the areas that I park in at work are pretty dusty. Also, my Black car shows all. I would estimate that the dust resistance is no worse then other premium products, and I'm sure moreso then wax.

For your $50 investment you'll get plenty of coats on your car. The stuff is used sparingly and lasts (and lasts and lasts and lasts). I think that the price is reasonable once you figure out how to use it. My initial setup of single 8oz bottles of z1, z2, z6, z7, and tire dressing will probably last to the end of the year (actually I think the z6, z7, and tire dressing are more then 8oz, but you get the point).
Old 07-22-2002, 06:29 PM
Instructor

Excellent, I'll be ordering soon. THX for the input.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:08 AM
Intermediate

I'd have to agree with the fact that it doesn't really do too much in the way of repelling dust... The town where I work is loaded with trees that give off pollen, and after a few days I start to see a fine dusting of yellowish brown on the surface... But as far as repelling water goes, it's the best. The other day I was driving down the highway and someone ahead of me drove through spilled silver paint (!!!) (Is it just me or is there a hell of a lot of spilled paint on the highways lately?) So I pulled over at the next parking lot (you know in that kind of situation you're not going to wait until you get home to see the damage)... Anyway, sure enough, there were about a dozen little silver flecks on the hood of my black CL, already baked and dried in the 5 minutes they were on there. But, having about 5 coats of Z at this point, all it took was the edge of my fingernail and they popped right off... That one incident alone has made me very happy that I'm using Z on my car.

'02
Old 07-23-2002, 08:36 PM
Old and Slow

Re: How good does Zaino work.....

Originally posted by jmeffe
I can tell from pictures of members cars who use it that it makes the cars extremely shiny. I would like to know how good it is at repelling water, dust, etc. Currently I am using Mother's Wax and it only takes a day before the buildup of dust makes the car dull. And when it rains the water drops just bead up and leave water spots. Would really like to know how much better Zaino is before I drop $50 on all the Z-stuff. THX.
I just returned from a 4000 mile road trip to Colorado. We probably spent about 100 miles on dirt roads. While Zaino doesn't repel dust, it does resist dirt. The car was dusty, but not dirty if that makes sense. The bugs and "dust" washed off very easily with no elbow grease needed. We also hit quite a bit of rain, and the water made tiny beads and rolled off. It was like the body had been coated with Rain-X. I never used Zaino before I owned the CL-S, but I swear by it now.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

In my experience, Zaino or any other polish or wax does not repel dust very well. But the Zaino does make it a lot easier to clean the car and leaves a better shine.