How do you remove cola from your seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007 | 08:33 PM
Instructor

How do you remove cola from your seats?

I have had problems removing old cola spills from my seats.When I remove the cola stain from the seat the spot reappears after a few minutes, then i remove it again and again. It seems that the cola has gotten into the foam of the seat and when I clean the surface of the seat, after a couple of minutes the cola in the foam comes up through the fabric. My question is, does anyone know of a easy way to get all of the cola out of the seat. I use a Little Green Machine it gets the surface clean.It does
a good job of cleaning, but it can only clean the surface not deep in the seats foam where the cola is.
Old 08-27-2007 | 06:46 AM
Auto Reconditioning

I've dealt with a few seats like this and using my hot water carpet extractor I have to really make sure I get the majority of the moisture out or else it creates that wicking effect where the old grime will come back up from the foam. Unfortunately if its deep into the foam then its going to reappear over time. Try using less water or cleaner so you don't soak the seat and ends up penetrating to the foam. What I found useful is wrapping a cotton towel over a carpet brushes and lightly misting some cleaner on the material and rubbing it with the cloth covered brush so that dirt goes into the brush and not just pushed around the material. That way you clean up the surface and you don't get moisture deep into the foam so it doesn't cause that wicking effect.
Old 08-27-2007 | 07:36 AM
Instructor

Most of the time I clean my seats with Blue Corral foam, it does not get the seats very wet but it does not clean as well as The Little Green Machine.Your correct , when I clean with the foam I don't have as much of the cola to wick through the seat.

Thanks for your reply.