How do you clean and protect the cloth/fabric interior surfaces?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How do you clean and protect the cloth/fabric interior surfaces?

I like to drive with the windows down whenever I can, but the cloth surfaces on the B and C pillars as well as rear dash accumulate dirt over time.

What is the best way to clean these surfaces and protect them against future dirty accumulation? I suppose this question also applies to fabric headliners and any other non-seat fabric surfaces.

I've traditionally just used a vacuum with a brush attachment to clean these surfaces. My new Acura TL also has fabric a-pillars and i'm not sure how to protect and clean them.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:02 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Fabric Seat Cleaning:

1. Cleaning- Use a soft brush to remove any surface dust, the next step is to clean the fabric by spraying 303™ Cleaner & Spot Remover until damp; this product may be used on all water safe materials. The cleaning action increases with warm water, agitation and longer dwell time. Completely wipe away dirt/grime with damp cloth until clean, rinsing out towel in clean warm water as required, allow to completely dry before use.

2. Conditioning and Protecting- Don't miss this very important step. Once your interior is clean and completely dry you should use a conditioning/protection product- 303™ High Tech Fabric Guard, which includes UVR protection or Scotchgard™ Protector For Soft Furnishings, Fabrics & Upholstery to ensure protected surface will repel dirt and moisture, and again, keep your vehicle in its like-new condition

It is very important to ensure that the fabric upholstery is very thoroughly rinsed, as the cleaners will pull (wick) the dirt to the surface. The soap and oils will attract dirt and oily grime like a magnet (re-soiling) if they are not thoroughly rinsed away giving the appearance that they have not been cleaned.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's just the info I needed. Thank you so much!

Looks like I'll be purchasing quite a few 303 Aerospace products in the near future.