Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

ok so i need help on something. as you all may know a few nights ago it was mischief night and some1 decided to mess my car up. i woke up to shavin cream, some type of lard and toilet paper all over my car. i cleaned it up but there are some like faded streak spots on the car. i was wondering if any1 knew how to get these off...it will b really helpful...id put some pics up but i dunno how to yet...thanks

Last edited by desiflava04; 11-02-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
You got lucky i would say. At least it wasnt eggs. Give it a thorough (I know you said you washed) washing with an automotive soap and chenille or Sheepskin (What I prefer). Shaving creme really doeant have anything toxic in it, or we wouldnt be putting it on our faces. The streaking may just be a result of a thirsty paint looking for some oils, a.k.a. lard. After your wash, locate some paint cleaner, like Megs Deep Crystal Polish, or Mothers (If electing OTC). Apply with foam applicator, remove with microfiber polishing towel(s). Apply to entire car to enhance all the paint and not just the vandalized areas. Seal up with your favorite Nuba or Polymer while using a soft foam applicator.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a memeber had mentioned to use meguiers colorx...it that the same?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
ColorX is a paint cleaner/protectant. If you have that on board, give it a go. I would opt for a straight cleaner 1st, then apply protection afterwards. If you do not alleviate the problem first, you will be sealing it in with ColorX's protective Polymers.