Have you heard of Diamond Gloss from Ziebart?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 03:15 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you heard of Diamond Gloss from Ziebart?

From all the talk out there... it sounds like the Zaino ploymer is the way to go to protect the paint and make my TL shine...

Do any Pro detailers have an opion on Diamond Gloss from Ziebart? It is a resin based product....And other than what was explained to me at the shop, There's not a lot of info out there... If I had Ziebart do the work it would run $300 for the first application and then $125 per year there after ...

Is Diamond gloss snake oil or the real deal?
Old 05-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Here is a copy and paste from my site. It applies in this situation (just substitute "the dealer is trying to sell me a clear coat" with "x person is trying to sell me an invinsible sealant")

My dealer is trying to sell me a clear coat, what's up?

It is likely your dealer is either confused, or is trying to make some easy money. Dealerships do not sell “clear coats”, if they did they would be required to literally re-paint your entire car with layers of clear paint and then bake it to cure the paint. What they almost always mean when they sell you a “clear coat” is that they are selling you a paint sealant which will be applied over your clear coat. These are the same products detailers apply when they seal or wax your car; however dealers often charge hundreds of dollars for them. These packages are usually accompanied by warranties, unfortunately most consumers don’t realize that these warranties require you to have the sealant re-applied every 6 months to a year, and prohibit you from polishing or waxing your car. Because consumers rarely, if ever, return to have the sealants re-applied, this is easy money for dealers. People often ask “but I got a dealer clear coat, why is does my paint look so bad?”.

In this case you're being sold a paint sealant that likely has a long durabilty at the expensive of gloss. I am sure it's a fine product, but it will not do anything that Zaino, FMJ, EX-P, Klasse SG etc... don't also do for 1/10th the cost.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:21 AM
'05 TSX CG W/NAV

Backing up JackieO here. I recently did my car with FMJ and could not be happier. You could buy a PC and quality sealant for close to half what they are asking for the first application.

This whole kit, with the PC, pads, shampoo, clay, polish, glaze, sealant, and microfibers is the same porice as the initial Ziebart treatment. With this though, you own the equipment and have enough polish, glaze, and sealant to do your car 5-6 times.

http://properautocare.com/reshkit.html

I'm sure there are lots of other sites that offer similar packages.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
$300.00 ??

If I had to start from scratch........You could have the following results for under $200.00
Old 05-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Or............

I hate this "Edit timed out" thing..........lol
Old 05-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was another thread or post concerning the same topic. Tried searching for it and came up with zip. Anyway, here's an FAQ about Diamond Gloss and this one about how it's applied as well as maintenance tips. It has this reminder towards the bottom of the page:
Important Reminder:
Remember to bring your vehicle back your vehicle every year (on your anniversary date); and Ziebart will totally renew the exterior and re-do the entire Diamond Gloss™ process at 50% 0ff! As long as your vehicle is treated once a year, Ziebart will guarantee in writing your vehicle’s paint finish against fading, loss of gloss, acid rain, tree sap, fruit sap, bird dropping, and bug splatter markings forever! This is the guarantee for brand new non-commercial vehicles (less than 12 months old or 12,000 kms. whichever comes first). For used vehicles, a variable guarantee of up to 7 years may be given depending on the paint condition of the vehicle.
I guess that pretty much sums it up!