Handwaxing Polishes

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handwaxing Polishes

I know that a lot of you use the PC orbiter to apply your wax and polishes? I live in a complex and I don't have the luxury of having the space needed to use this here. Do any of you apply polish and wax by hand? Is it difficult coming off? I have a 2008 PWP TSX now and I see some swirls in places. I want to start taking care of this one better than I did with my MR 04. Help...
Old 08-13-2008, 02:35 AM
Racer

applying wax by hand is simple and easy. polishing by hand takes forever and ive seen minimal results.

you said your starting to see swirls, might want to look into proper washing in drying, so you can prevent more swirls creeping up on you. also sounds like you dont have any protection currently so slap on some wax asap
Old 08-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
wax and sealants are pretty much wipe on, wipe off....this is not the case for polish...it needs to be worked until it breaks down....doing polish by hand is not worth it....you can polish a spot here and there, but not the whole car....
Old 08-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by vinnier6
doing polish by hand is not worth it....you can polish a spot here and there, but not the whole car....
I hope to at least make the attempt a little more gratifying!
Exceldetail will soon introduce the patent pending Excelerator Polishing Sustem, comprised of 5 applicators with CCS technology. These are hand pads/applicators made of the same material the popular Erasure pads are made from. I have actually found the CCS dimples work great as finger grips! Or for those of you familiar with the CCS dimples, you may find value to them in places I havent discovered. Available in Yellow for additional cutting on small areas, Orange for light/medium polishing, White for light polishing, Black/Grey for sealant, all in one and glaze products, and Red for liquid sealants!
These pads will also be worthy on areas that the PC just cant get to, like under grills on the bumper, between door handle and window, under door handles, I and A pillars etc......
Coming soon, only to Exceldetail.com!
(order has been placed with LC, so they are on their way folks!! Pics also coming soon!)
Old 08-13-2008, 03:27 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by doowop22
I know that a lot of you use the PC orbiter to apply your wax and polishes? I live in a complex and I don't have the luxury of having the space needed to use this here. Do any of you apply polish and wax by hand? Is it difficult coming off? I have a 2008 PWP TSX now and I see some swirls in places. I want to start taking care of this one better than I did with my MR 04. Help...
I actually prefer to wax/seal by hand. There are areas that a machine can not touch due to the size of the pad or geometry of the car. If your paint is properly prepped you should have no trouble removing the wax/sealant. Note that only a thin coat of wax/sealant is necessary. Too much wax/sealant can cause difficulty in removal or simply will be wasted. Sounds like you need to clean and polish the paint before you get to this step.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by exceldetail
I hope to at least make the attempt a little more gratifying!
Exceldetail will soon introduce the patent pending Excelerator Polishing Sustem, comprised of 5 applicators with CCS technology. These are hand pads/applicators made of the same material the popular Erasure pads are made from. I have actually found the CCS dimples work great as finger grips! Or for those of you familiar with the CCS dimples, you may find value to them in places I havent discovered. Available in Yellow for additional cutting on small areas, Orange for light/medium polishing, White for light polishing, Black/Grey for sealant, all in one and glaze products, and Red for liquid sealants!
These pads will also be worthy on areas that the PC just cant get to, like under grills on the bumper, between door handle and window, under door handles, I and A pillars etc......
Coming soon, only to Exceldetail.com!
(order has been placed with LC, so they are on their way folks!! Pics also coming soon!)
...maybe its because i've used OTC hand polishes...ill be sure to pick one of those kits when they come out, as i have unsightly scratches underneath my door handles
Old 08-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SweetJazz
I actually prefer to wax/seal by hand. There are areas that a machine can not touch due to the size of the pad or geometry of the car. If your paint is properly prepped you should have no trouble removing the wax/sealant. Note that only a thin coat of wax/sealant is necessary. Too much wax/sealant can cause difficulty in removal or simply will be wasted. Sounds like you need to clean and polish the paint before you get to this step.
That's what I was just about to ask.

There is obviously some areas of the car that I don't see how an orbital buffer would fit or work very well. Do you guys just polish and wax/seal these areas by hand then? And just use the orbital buffer on the large and more open areas of the car? Or do you just not polish and wax/seal every inch of the car?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by eluzion
That's what I was just about to ask.

There is obviously some areas of the car that I don't see how an orbital buffer would fit or work very well. Do you guys just polish and wax/seal these areas by hand then? And just use the orbital buffer on the large and more open areas of the car? Or do you just not polish and wax/seal every inch of the car?

I don't apply any waxes/sealants with the PC .. as for the smaller areas I have a second UDM with a 3" pad on it that I use in the smaller areas or for spot correction.