Getting started with Zaino product?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting started with Zaino product?

Want to start using Zaino product..........want to give it a great shine and good protection.........looked at their site..........lots of products........what products should I buy essentially to get started with at a minimum?
Old 03-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Banned

I've been a zaino nut for a couple of years now and if you prep your car correctly, zaino will knock your socks off. WARNING- be prepared to get crazy stares at your ride.

For starters, get:

Z1 - Polish Lok or ZFX(Flash accelerator), but z-1 is cheaper.
Z2 - Polish
Z5 - Polish for swirls and fine scratches
Z6 - Gloss enhancer spray
Z7 - Show car wash

Once you become comfortable with the process which seems like a lot but it really isn't, replace z-1 with zfx which allows you put on multiple layers(3) in one day. Any questions, hit me up! Enjoy!

CBS from acura-tl.com
Old 03-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cbs, could you still get a good reflection even with a white cl. I got my order list, but dont want to drop 80 bucks if its not gonna look good. Glad you posted this, I was wondering the same thing.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:51 AM
Banned

Originally posted by gdubb
cbs, could you still get a good reflection even with a white cl. I got my order list, but dont want to drop 80 bucks if its not gonna look good. Glad you posted this, I was wondering the same thing.
Yes, you will get great results on any color car! Another thing is this, once you learn how to apply zaino a few times, your money will go a long way. You may use alot of the product the first time you use it but it will come to you. If for any reason you don't like the results of zaino, you can always use a carnuba type wax like s100 or pinnacle.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Instructor

Is Z5 needed?

Do you think that Z5 is needed on a brand new car? I just got mine a week ago, and it was brand new. I am not sure exactly what are swirls.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Instructor

Is Z5 needed?

Do you think that Z5 is needed on a brand new car? I just got mine a week ago, and it was brand new. I am not sure exactly what are swirls.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:13 AM
Banned

Re: Is Z5 needed?

Originally posted by FPAEP
For a brand new car? No, not really. Swirls can be caused by improper washing and waxing/polishing techniques. But if you want to prep your car the right way from the start, i suggest that you clay the car, then put on either z-5 or z-2. z-5 tends to darken the paint a bit and z-2 adds more pop to it like glass.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Instructor

So the z5 would not hurt the car? Because I do want to do it the right way from the start.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Wha Happened?

So the z5 would not hurt the car? Because I do want to do it the right way from the start.
No Way will the Z5 hurt the car, I actually prefer the look of Z5 on my car over Z2...I think it is a deeper shine, but then when you add the Z2 on top of the Z5, it is simply amazing...

Anthracite looks absolutely gorgeous after Zainoing, actually all cars do...if you wanna see my shine, click on "My Photos" The close ups are the roof and trunk lid of my CL after Z5ing...

Enjoy the Shine!

E
Old 03-18-2003, 10:01 AM
Banned

Absolutely NOT my friend!!! Trust me on this. Just so you know, the z-2 and z-5 are pretty much non-abrasive like other products, i.e imperial hand glaze, smr, etc.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the information CBS! Anywhere that I can purchase everything on your list for a inexpensive price or do I go directly to their site?
Old 03-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Wha Happened?

Originally posted by types4speed
Thanks for the information CBS! Anywhere that I can purchase everything on your list for a inexpensive price or do I go directly to their site?
In my research:

www.zainobros.com

Is the cheapest way to order, but you do have to print it out and mail it in, I wish you could order online to speed it up...

I got to get in an order for ZFX! ZOOOM SHINE!
Old 03-20-2003, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally posted by types4speed
dean is correct, go to www.zainobros.com and place an order or what you can do is call or email sal zaino and he will let you know if there are any distributors near you. For me, i don't have a distributor near me(virginia) but i have a reliable one in tennessee in which he takes payment online via paypal and i get my shipment within 3-4 days.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Racer

cbs . ..

ure buying from kevin ? great guy , isnt he ?

by the by - there are two guys in Va, but stick with who you like.

type4 - its tough to get a deal on it - distributors arent supposed to wheel and deal. you can save shipping with a local guy sometimes, and get a good contact for info also . . .

some guys are more active on other boards - some guys on my list I have never heard of , , ,but they are out there.

you could wait for a group buy somewhere - but there likely wont be any organized anywhere for a few weeks (from what i hear)

imho - its better to deal with someone you are comfortable with, and who serves you well - like cbs who gets his from TN.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:17 PM
Has been sold for a while

Your can order Zaino online at www.ecklers.com. It is about a dollar more a product but the service is very fast.