Getting rid of swirls in paint?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Graphic/Web Designer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailing Newbie Question

Reading through this post and hearing the name Porter Cable (also abbreviated as PC I assume) made me wonder if the name is just being used as a general term for machine polishers/buffers or if that is the only brand worth using? If it is the only brand worth using, what makes it the best?
Old 07-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RelentlessOne
Reading through this post and hearing the name Porter Cable (also abbreviated as PC I assume) made me wonder if the name is just being used as a general term for machine polishers/buffers or if that is the only brand worth using? If it is the only brand worth using, what makes it the best?
The "PC" is so popular and so widely used because it is cheap and it works fairly well.

I had mine for about a week and sold it as it did not perform as well as my Cyclo and it vibrated the hell out of my forearm and wrists

It is best, IMHO, for the aplication of glazes and waxes.

Griots and Meguairs also have their version of a "PC" and in reality it IS a "PC" which is private labeled for them. There are other random orbit machines out there, I think Bosch makes one as well as DeWalt.

Hope that helps,
Anthony