Getting Perma Plate done next Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Getting Perma Plate done next Sunday

My boy knows someone that can do the perma plate job interior/exterior for only $60. I hear that dealers usually charge a few hundred to get it done. Anybody have experiences with it and does it make a big difference?
Old 03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
may i ask what perma plate is exactly? never heard of it and im curious. THanks
Old 03-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I read this on the Autopia car care forum

Perma-Plate offers five protection products to treat new vehicles - Perma-Plate Paintguard, Fiberguard, Leatherguard, Rustguard and Soundguard.

In your area, the most common package would be Paint, Fiber, and Leatherguard, but it appears that you are primarily concerned with the Paintguard.

Paintguard is a polymer paint sealant and does not contain any Teflon. There are are differences between this type of product and a wax. First, waxes do not contain any UV protection. Also, Paintguard is detergent resistant - meaning that you aren't removing the protective layer every time you wash your vehicle and that you can use car washing soaps to better clean the surface and remove road film.

The purpose of the Paintguard Renewer is to clean (polish) the surface and reseal any areas that have had the sealant removed through abrasion (brushing up against the car, driving in dusty air, repeated washing, drying, etc.) or chemical contact (bugs, road spills, chemical cleaners, etc.). This product is used an average of every six months, but will vary with local climate, driving and washing conditions.

The Perma-Plate warranties should also be a consideration when deciding how
to protect your vehicle. Retail products available through auto parts or other stores do not have warranty backing. If your finish is damaged by weather induced fading, oxidation or loss of gloss Siskin Enterprises, Inc. will repaint your vehicle. There is also additional coverage for damage caused by water spotting, bird droppings, tree sap, acid rain and industrial fallout.

I hope that I was able to answer your questions, but please feel free to contact our office toll free at (800)453-8470 with any additional concerns.

I'd love to see the size of the disclaimer on warranty claims.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's the site www.permaplate.com
Old 03-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I slow down for COPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

$60 - may be worth it
few hundred - waste of money

read their website - if you do all those things (do not park in sun, under trees, wash your car once a week, remove bird droppings as soon as possible, etc.) of course your vehicle will look better and paint last longer than if you do not do those things.

it is a great way for dealers to increase their profit, that is why they push it !!!

i like the way their wording, reapply every six months, maybe three, or as often as you desire. 5 year warranty. most cars will look good after 5 years anyway.

my