foam pads for PC

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foam pads for PC

i just got my PC not to long ago and im trying to get some pads for it. i know theres autopia, PAC, autogeek, and exceldetail. but shipping seems like a killer, the best price i found was exceldetail but i don't have paypal. does anyone know of a storefront i can go to in the greater san francisco area. thanks for your help guys
Old 03-22-2005, 04:31 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 960 Likes on 329 Posts
these pads are nearly impossible to find in stores. Unless you want meguiars, but i'm not a big fan of their pads.

Patrick @ excel is the best price by far, he sent me some pads some time ago and I'll be honest, i haven't had a chance to use them yet, I will break them out when I do our 58 caddy in the next few weeks.

I really like CMA's pads w/ the pressure pad around it. don't get the 7.5" pads though
Old 03-23-2005, 10:57 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Foam Pad Types:
Use Constant Pressure™ polishing pads where you want a uniform and constant pressure on the surface being polished. Professionals have learned through experience to keep their machines parallel to the surface being polished. Tilting the machine in any direction can result in an uneven and excessive pressure being transferred to the painted surface, or to the foam causing it to tear. Blue "Constant Pressure" foam backing absorbs any unwanted ‘off-axis’ polishing motions (ideal for the inexperienced user)

Quality foam pads used for detailing are made from specially engineered European foam, a blend of thermally reticulated polyurethane with a 99% open cell structure, created specifically for compounding, polishing and finishing. This foam allows air to circulate through the pad to reduce heat build-up, so these foam pads do not require a ventilated backing plate

The secrets to successful machine polishing are using the correct type and size of foam pad, and the proper machine operating speed. Foam pads (Lake County Mfg) are available in various sizes from 3.5 – 8.0-inch diameter, but I have found that for the application of a polish the optimum size of foam pad for whole panel (i.e. hood, trunk, fender, etc.) is 6 to 6.5- inches, with an effective pad contact diameter of 5.5 to 6.25- inches.

(LC) Constant Pressure Foam Pad Starter Kit:
·1-Polish / Cutting Pad (*Yellow)
·1-Polish / Light Cutting Pad (*Orange)
·2-Polish / Waxing Pad (*White)
·2-Finishing Pad (*Black)
·1-5-inch Flexible Urethane Backing Plate

*The foam pad colour identifications and specifications are by Lake County Manufacturing (LC) www.lakecountrymfg.com other manufactures of foam pads use a different colour to identify the abrasiveness or cutting ability of their foam pads

~Hope this helps~
JonM