A few new items arriving at Exceldetail.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
A few new items arriving at Exceldetail.com

Quixx Scratch Repair System
(Avail 5/16/07)
German engineered, scratch removal system , includes polishes and wet sanding paper! Everything you need to safely remove annoying light scratches. Note: Will not improve deep scratches down to clear coat. If scratches are deep, consider touching up, then using Quixx! A great follow up to those unsightly touch up repairs!

Next aboard, Showroom New Detail Dyes,
Have Black or Grey plastic trim that needs rejuvination? Tired of products that only mask the area temporarily? Now theres an answer, Showroom New Trim Dyes. Not a temporary solution for a permanent problem. Showroom New will permantely dye the area, back to original condition (black or grey).
Very easy to apply!

As with all products sold at exceldetail.com, customer support anytime!
Old 05-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey patrick...how would you compare the new dye product to something like Forever Black? is it a gel, watery, streak easily (like FB)?

thanks-
Old 05-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Its a lot more consistant then FB. I had issues with FB as well. I most recentlyused the Showroom New on the black rail caps on my truck bed. I SHOULD have taken before and afters when I did it, but it was a spur of the moment thing. I have some bumper trim i will try it on next, and take before, or side by side comparisons.
Back to Showroom. I applied it with an old MF, and simply rubbed it on the surface, When I was done, it didnt need a second application. The bottle states a second app may be needed in more faded repairs (Makes sense).
I think what I like about it was it blended so well. You could not tell if there were any dark spots, or spots that dried fast, it really made the cap look "Showroom New"...
It has a slightly thicker consistancy then water.......And DONT do it without gloves on..........lol
Old 05-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patrick, this is so off-topic, but thanks for the very quick shipment again! I've detailing my car today and I'm taking little break now w/ surfing acurazine. pics soon to come...

back to the topic, is this for scratched area only like scratch x? or can be used on whole car like other polishes?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Former Sponsor

No no no.........this is soley for scratches. Its several steps ahead of Scratch X, not even in the same ballpark.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Let us know how Quixx works. I've got a few painful scratches on my silver RL that need attention. They are a little deep (i.e., you can catch your fingernail in them).

Rob144
Old 05-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Just added
A 1 gallon spray/mister for those of you who use Optimums No Rinse Wash & Shine. I have really found these sprayers to be ab asset when using this product. It helps soften any debris on the painted surface prior to removing with your wash media. Matter of fact, I wont even use Optimum NRWS without this gadget!
Twice the capacity of our Original mister/sprayer (if you need that for larger vehicles). And dont stop with surface care, this mister/sprayer can also be used for wheel cleaning, quick hood/panel cleaning (Keep it premixed in the garage corner), engine cleaning etc.......