Duragloss line - 56k Warn on pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 08:16 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duragloss line - 56k Warn on pics

A while back I posted some pics of Duragloss - but I have been out of some products and had to go to carquest so I picked up their Polish Lok, Carwash and some Fast Clean Shine.

First - thier car wash - it's awesome - I was really impress how slick it was and it might be in a run for my all time favorite 4* PAW - these two are the only ones that when I dry with the WW my car feels slick. I have very hard water so when I rinse and then dry I usually lose any slickness until I use S&W or a QD.

The polish lok - it's hard to describe. You buff it on, and leave it. That's it no off (and it is supposed to work with any polymer not just duragloss). The bottle says it will remove old product and work with your sealant to make it bond to the finish better. I used a meg's yellow pad @ 4 and applied it to the whole car. No muss and no fuss. Just on....

The instructions were brief and didn't say if I should let it haze before I put on the DG so I waited a few minutes then did just that.

Meg's tan soft buff @ 3 and slapped on a coat of DG. It has a minty smell and goes one smooth and thin. I think I only applied product to the pad three times to do the whole car - it just kept going!

I waited 30 minutes then removes with a MF polishing cloth - that's it. I pulled it outside and did the rims (buffalo milk) and tires (Natural look this time)..

I must say I am impressed - but see for yourself -

yeah I know - the wheel wells - oy! I forgot em

let me know what you think - BTW the Polish Lok, Car wash, FCS came to 14 bucks total and the duragloss is 6.95 - a little over 20 bucks not a bad deal for these results!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Nice Work Groebuck !
What are your top 4 favorite washes ? Mine are (first to last) Zaino Z7, Meg's Gold Class, Mother's Cali Gold, Meg's NXT.
The polish lok sounds kinda like Zaino's Z1. Great, you already got me thinking of FMJ. Enough spending already !!! LOL
Old 08-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Instructor

Right now I would have to say Platinum 4* Auto Wash and Duragloss are neck in neck for #1 - Poorboy has a new superslick wash he is working on that looks awesome too!

I've hear from several people that duragloss is very similar to the Z
Old 08-18-2004, 10:58 AM
04 5AT ABP/Camel

Groebuck,

Excellent work - not that I am surprised. From reading your post I got the impression that you are not one to screw around when it comes to detailing your baby. And these pics prove it.

BTW: That's a nice quaint little neighborhood you got there.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Instructor

thanks!

yup very suburban - soccer moms and all

Hope all is well in FLA for you!