Cold streaking (?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004 | 01:27 PM
Racer

Cold streaking (?)

I don't know what to call this... But here is my problem.

It's freezing cold (around 25-30) here but it's also dry. No snow or anything... I wash my car (at a auto car wash) and bring it home. The windows had some water dry on it so I decided to use some InvisibleGlass on it and it looked fine. But under sunlight or during street lights at night, I can see streaks. It's the same thing with Windex or 1:10 vinegar/water solution.

I'm guessing this is due to it being so cold that any miosture left from the cleaner freezes quickly and ends up looking like streaks.

Can only tell me if this is so?
Old 12-05-2004 | 09:14 AM
Advanced

Vincent,

R u using a microfiber suede designed for glass or using any type of MF?

You may want to try using a mf and then spraying the cleaner on to the mf, then wipe down a 2x2 foot area at a time and then flip the mf to a clean side and then buff out that area b4 cleaning the next 2x2 area. This way you prevent any streaking and freezing of the product.

The other cause if it is on the outside is that your windows are not truly clean and probably have some soap, oil or residue on them so you need to really clean them. The other thing is are you using towels or MFs that are dedicated to windows only. If not, you should because if you use a towel you used to take wax off or any other chemical and use them to clean your windows with, that towel may not be truly clean or absent of residue even from washing so you maybe tranferring that onto your windows so start with a truly clean MF or towel.

If this still occurs, r u sure it's on the outside? check to make sure your inside windows are clean and not streaked by rubbing with a MF on the inside where you see streaking.

Good luck.
Old 12-05-2004 | 11:37 AM
Burning Brakes

In addition to Mike's comments above, I have found Invisible Glass very effective on glass when I use black and white newspaper. Just wad up a few sheets and spray the IG on the newspaper and then go at the glass.
Old 12-06-2004 | 08:36 PM
Racer

I only use b&w newspaper on glass.

And yes, it is on the outside... I touched the glass on the inside when i noticed it and it was still there... Plus a new finger print I made on the glass.:-p

Thanks for the advice Mike, I'll have to try that.