Cleaned Up My Detail Station...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Cleaned Up My Detail Station...

I am a newbie to all this detailing stuff so I have an amateur collection at best...But it will get better...

My small collection of detailing products...

Buffer and cleaning tools...

Mini-Fridge just for the pastes...

My detail station and in the cabinet is my tools...

My old BS walmart and autozone special clothes and junk...Wont touch my cars again...Other then interior cleaning...

I have some good microfibers and such on the way thanks to some great guidance and finding a good deal...I still need to get a backing plate and some good pads for the porter cable...But its a start...

-Chris
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on your new hobby! First and foremost, take your time and have some fun. Dont get all bogged up in whats the best polish, best wax, best tire protectant etc.......Get the skills down, then start "experimenting" or before you know it, you'll look back and $6-700.00 is gone.
Your collection is admirable!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Pro

Thank You very much...Im enjoying this hobby and its actually cheaper then my mustang hobby...lol

This is what list I am working on buying up now...Little by little that is...

Gloss-it's EVO 5" Dual Action Backing Plate - $33.95
Gloss-it's EVO 5 Dual Action Backing Plate

5 Pack: Uber Foam Pad 5.5 inch - $34.99
http://www.detailersdomain.com/uberb...lantpad-1.aspx

Optimum Hyper Spray Compound 18 oz - $29.99
http://www.detailersdomain.com/optim...pound18oz.aspx

Optimum Hyper Spray Polish 18 oz - $24.99
http://www.detailersdomain.com/optim...olish18oz.aspx

Autoglym High Definition Wax For the Ultimate Finish - $49.95
http://www.detailersdomain.com/autog...atefinish.aspx

Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger - $29.99
Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger - 16 oz | Detailed Image

Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer - $6.99
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer - 16 oz | Detailed Image

Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel - $12.99
Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, interior cleaner, upholstery cleaner

Mothers Leather Cleaner - $7.99
Mothers Leather Cleaner gently cleans leather auto upholstery without drying or fading. Leather moisturizers remove oils and stains from leather

Mothers Leather Conditioner - $7.99
Mothers Leather Conditioner is formulated from premium neatsfoot oil and lanolin for dry leather auto upholstery.

Mothers Protectant (interior) - $10.99
Mothers Protectant for Rubber, Vinyl & Plastic: Protect your vehicle's exterior and interior rubber, vinyl and plastic with Mothers durable

Also want to pick up some Duragloss 105 as well to try out...
Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,993 Likes on 14,502 Posts
That's pretty funny, one of our vendors comes on and gives you encouragment and you post a shoppping list for another one of our vendors.

Your selection looks a LOT like mine! I like trying new products but I feel I have enough of an arsenal at this point. After watching a close friend of mine with a Dewalt rotary, I think I might mkae the jump one of these days. Really seems like it gets the job done quickly and gets around all the edges!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rockstar143
That's pretty funny, one of our vendors comes on and gives you encouragment and you post a shoppping list for another one of our vendors.

Your selection looks a LOT like mine! I like trying new products but I feel I have enough of an arsenal at this point. After watching a close friend of mine with a Dewalt rotary, I think I might mkae the jump one of these days. Really seems like it gets the job done quickly and gets around all the edges!
Didnt mean any disrespect with the list...I will also peruse their website and will likely buy stuff from them as well...I just have this list saved on my desktop in a word document so it was a simple copy and paste...

I have had the porter cable 7424 for like 2 years and just took it out of the box...One day I will get ballzy enough to use it LOL
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Pro

I also need to order some microfiber washing and cleaning agents so that I can maintain them the way they should be...After I wash all the tools I will be putting them in baggies to protect them and hopefully get a good life out of them...I am a newbie to all this and will get better as time goes by...I cabaged on the Autoglym at walmart though and bought my store out...I bought all 6 boxes they had...lol
Old 02-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisJ
Didnt mean any disrespect with the list...I will also peruse their website and will likely buy stuff from them as well...I just have this list saved on my desktop in a word document so it was a simple copy and paste...

I have had the porter cable 7424 for like 2 years and just took it out of the box...One day I will get ballzy enough to use it LOL
Lol.
Don't need to have any balls to use the 7424. Pretty fool proof and safe machine. Just gotta have the initiative.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Probably go for Leather Master stuff, and 303 aerospace protectant for interior trim.
Oh, I'm sure Meguiar's APC+ diluted 1:20 will work just fine on cleaning interior.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/EVOLVE_4...lc_bp_r_5r.htm
The BP linked above are just as good as the gloss it BP, it's a lot cheaper too, all you gotta do is buy an adapter so it'll fit your PC.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TS_eXpeed
Lol.
Don't need to have any balls to use the 7424. Pretty fool proof and safe machine. Just gotta have the initiative.
Maybe in the upcoming weeks...Need to order the Optimum spray cleaner first...

Originally Posted by CU2MIKE
Probably go for Leather Master stuff, and 303 aerospace protectant for interior trim.
Oh, I'm sure Meguiar's APC+ diluted 1:20 will work just fine on cleaning interior.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/EVOLVE_4...lc_bp_r_5r.htm
The BP linked above are just as good as the gloss it BP, it's a lot cheaper too, all you gotta do is buy an adapter so it'll fit your PC.
I used my trusty Zaino cleaner and then followed it with Zaino conditioner last night...I had forgot I had it and it works decent...I have heard great things about the mothers line of leather care but I am always up for trying new stuff...

Thanks for the info on the BP...Im guessing I can get the adapter at chemical guys as well?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info on the BP...Im guessing I can get the adapter at chemical guys as well?
I believe so, if not, detailer's domain has it for sure.

Last edited by CU2MIKE; 02-02-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,464 Likes on 3,058 Posts
Off to a good start, but please tell me you don't use those sponges on your paint
Old 02-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Off to a good start, but please tell me you don't use those sponges on your paint
Only the tires and fenderwells...
Old 02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Pro

Well ended up ordering some more stuff today...

Diablo Gel Wheel & Rim Cleaner Concentrated Suspension Rim & Wheel Cleaner Gel Safe for All Wheels (16oz)
https://www.chemicalguys.com/Product...ode=CLD_997_16

WHEEL AND RIM CLEANER-Premium Blue ( 16 oz)
https://www.chemicalguys.com/Product...ode=CLD_107_16

CLD_677_16 WINDOW CLEAN / GLASS CLEANER-TINT SAFE-STREAK FREE-AMMONIA FREE RE-DILUTEABLE (16oz)
https://www.chemicalguys.com/Product...ode=CLD_677_16

Grime Reaper -EXTREMELY STRONG ACID LIKE DEGREASER - Kills Grease and Grime, Stronger as Acid! (16 oz)
https://www.chemicalguys.com/Product...ode=CLD_104_16

Detailers Radiant Finish Kit - Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish + Hybrid V7 Optical Sealant + EXTRAS
https://www.chemicalguys.com/Product...ctCode=HOL_151

Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger - 16 oz
http://www.detailedimage.com/Blackfi...P205/16-oz-S1/

Optimum Hyper Spray Polish - 18 oz
http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum...P477/18-oz-S1/

Optimum Hyper Spray Compound - 18 oz
http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum...P489/18-oz-S1/

I tried to find the sponsors sites to buy from here but for some reason I cant see the sponsor section...Guess its part of the 15 day newbie deal or something...
Old 02-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Pro

Once again tried to find the sponsor section on this site to give them my business but couldnt...

I bought this piece this morning for my PC7424
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Backing_...lc_bp_da_5.htm
Old 02-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
How do you like the AutoGlym HD? I'v used other AG products with pretty good results, but dunno if this wax is worth the $50.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Aman
How do you like the AutoGlym HD? I'v used other AG products with pretty good results, but dunno if this wax is worth the $50.
So far I love it...I wish I had got a sealer on it before waxing it though and maybe did some corrections...But so far so good...Water still beads up nice...Its still shining nice...Most people i know get about 2-3 months of protection from it but some claim a month is max...I will wash it again tonight and post some pictures of it just washed and nothing else done...
Old 02-04-2011, 07:10 AM

I know you didn't man...was just pointing out that it seemed ironic.

USE IT! It's not that difficult and trust me, you have to try hard to burn your paint. You will be ok. It's actually harder in theory than actually just turning the machine on! Go for it!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Pro

I know you didn't man...was just pointing out that it seemed ironic.

USE IT! It's not that difficult and trust me, you have to try hard to burn your paint. You will be ok. It's actually harder in theory than actually just turning the machine on! Go for it!
Well I ordered pads and a backing plate but chemical guys is so slow on shipping that it will be late next week before I get it...

Is the vendors section hidden for those under 15 days like alot of the other stuff? I cant seem to find any of their sections...Or am I just failing at the interwebs right now?
Old 02-04-2011, 07:49 AM

You know what, I'm not too sure...
I know that exceldetail detailers domain are vendors...but there many knowledgeable detailing guys on here though...for sure.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Pro

You know what, I'm not too sure...
I know that exceldetail detailers domain are vendors...but there many knowledgeable detailing guys on here though...for sure.
Thats the only thing I dislike about this site so far...Is the fact that there seems not to be a DEVOTED vendor section...
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 AM

Trust me, that'll probably be your ONLY gripe on this site. Been on a few different ones over the years and the traffic and willingness to share/help on this site (and keep it clean and polite) make this one you'll visit probably long after you move on to other cars.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Pro

Trust me, that'll probably be your ONLY gripe on this site. Been on a few different ones over the years and the traffic and willingness to share/help on this site (and keep it clean and polite) make this one you'll visit probably long after you move on to other cars.
Im not new to forums thats for sure...I an Admin over at one of the most prominent mustang forums in the world...

But just kinda sucks to not be able to find all the vendors in one place to ask questions about their products and see what deals they have going on...
Old 02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not new to forums thats for sure...I an Admin over at one of the most prominent mustang forums in the world...

But just kinda sucks to not be able to find all the vendors in one place to ask questions about their products and see what deals they have going on...
Looks like a Vendor forum was just added... Never noticed it before today myself:

https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-vendors-corner-367/
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey whats the reason for keeping the waxes in a fridge, I also have p21s and keep it inside the house away from the heat... is that not good enough?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by YVRTSX
Looks like a Vendor forum was just added... Never noticed it before today myself:

https://acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=367
NICE so glad that is there now!!!

Originally Posted by OntheJob
Hey whats the reason for keeping the waxes in a fridge, I also have p21s and keep it inside the house away from the heat... is that not good enough?
The LSP's need to be at a constant temp...The best way I have found to keep it a constant temp is to keep it in my mini fridge...Alot of other people agree with me over on my forums detailing section as well...
Old 02-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
NICE so glad that is there now!!!

The LSP's need to be at a constant temp...The best way I have found to keep it a constant temp is to keep it in my mini fridge...Alot of other people agree with me over on my forums detailing section as well...
Yeah I noticed a few other posts with people doing the same..the inside of the house is pretty constant so I think that should suffice for me.... what other detail sites do you use, I have been bitten by the detail bug pretty hard as well
Old 02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by OntheJob
Yeah I noticed a few other posts with people doing the same..the inside of the house is pretty constant so I think that should suffice for me.... what other detail sites do you use, I have been bitten by the detail bug pretty hard as well
www.chemicalguys.com
www.showcardetail.com
www.autogeek.net
www.detailedimage.com
www.detailing.com

I am still trying to get familiar with the site vendors here...I am a firm believer in supporting the vendors that support a site you enjoy...I know autogeek is a sponsor here and Mothers is a sponsor on my forums so I try and use their products but sometimes they don't carry exactly what you need...

I am a newbie to this as well so I will definitely share any information I have...
Old 02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Burning Brakes

+1, I have a dedicated wine cooler and I keep my waxes at a constant 55 degrees.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by CU2MIKE
+1, I have a dedicated wine cooler and I keep my waxes at a constant 55 degrees.
I have seen ALOT of people do that
Old 02-04-2011, 06:57 PM

Really? You probably know my friend Javier...or rugedraw (presumably...since that's his screen name for everything) with a green 05 GT. He's a clever and insanely antagonistic forum visitor. He's not different in person.

PS...this would explain why my optimum polish was liquidy after a year in the garage, huh?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Pro

Really? You probably know my friend Javier...or rugedraw (presumably...since that's his screen name for everything) with a green 05 GT. He's a clever and insanely antagonistic forum visitor. He's not different in person.

PS...this would explain why my optimum polish was liquidy after a year in the garage, huh?
if he is on moddedmustangs.com then he should know of at least me...I go by ChrisJ there...
Old 02-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Pro

Cleaned my towels up...
Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Pro

ordered some new pads today...

Buff & Shine 5.5"

Pad Choice 1 : Yellow Cutting
Pad Choice 2 : Yellow Cutting
Pad Choice 3 : Yellow Cutting
Pad Choice 4 : Green Polishing
Pad Choice 5 : Green Polishing
Pad Choice 6 : Green Polishing
Pad Choice 7 : Green Polishing
Pad Choice 8 : Blue Soft Polishing
Pad Choice 9 : Blue Soft Polishing
Pad Choice 10 : Blue Soft Polishing
Pad Choice 11 : Black Finishing
Pad Choice 12 : Black Finishing
Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
That's a lot of pads for a personal hobby
Old 02-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Aman
That's a lot of pads for a personal hobby
I wanted to make sure that I had spares in case something happened to one of them...Plus I found a deal on Auto Detailing Solutions that I couldn't pass up...

$65 shipped for them all
Old 02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Former Sponsor

No White or Orange?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by exceldetail
No White or Orange?
I figured the yellow would handle the small amount of cutting I needed...And figured the green would handle the polishing duty...Will have to see how these work...I may look into getting a white and orange though...Do the white and orange make that much of a difference?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:14 AM

Dang, I've operated my entire detailing around the same 3 pads...namely: 1 orange, 1 white and 1 black.

J.

I'll ask him, not sure the forum was the same. There are quite a few good mustang forums!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Former Sponsor

I figured the yellow would handle the small amount of cutting I needed...And figured the green would handle the polishing duty...Will have to see how these work...I may look into getting a white and orange though...Do the white and orange make that much of a difference?
Pretty much the only two polishing pads I use!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:48 AM

me too!
I barely use the black, sometimes to apply the sealant but mostly do that by hand anyway.

Quick Reply: Cleaned Up My Detail Station...