Can I use this product over Meguiar's Ultimate Polish?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can I use this product over Meguiar's Ultimate Polish?

http://www.properautocare.com/blacglosenpo.html

I am assuming that this product does the same job as meguiar's ultimate polish. Again, I am gonna hand apply it.

Has anyone used this before?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Doesn't do the same job. Megs is a polish this is a glaze with cleaners. Sure you can use it over the Ultimate polish.

Its not going to have a long life ... glazes never do .. the fillers will migrate out and what you had for looks with the Ultimate polish will return.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Racer

what do you suggest? should i just get ultimate polish then? blackfire is pretty pricey.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Racer

since i'm hand polishing, maybe i should get the blackfire over ultimate polish
Old 05-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Suzuka Master

What are you meaning by over ... your clouding the question.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Racer

if i had to choose one since i'm going to hand apply anyway, should i just get blackfire? maybe i won't really get much of a result if i hand apply the ultimate polish for it to be worth it.

if i were to get both, do i use ultimate polish first, and then use blackfire, and then paint seal and wax?

Last edited by adversary; 05-16-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:26 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by adversary
http://www.properautocare.com/blacglosenpo.html

I am assuming that this product does the same job as meguiar's ultimate polish. Again, I am gonna hand apply it.

Has anyone used this before?
Curious: What are you trying to accomplish? I really believe hand polishing is a waste of time.

Suggestion: I still prefer to apply sealants by hand but paint correction or cleaning should be performed with a machine. A Porter Cable 7424 with a couple of basic pads is nearly fool proof.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Racer

im not expecting maximum results but since i love detailing my car, i wanna see if it helps out with the swirl marks i have.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Racer

this is what i want to do. this guy used his hand but it looked like it made the paint more glossier (ultimate polish).
my plan is to hand apply ultimate polish, and then hand apply Poorboy's World Black Hole glaze to hide the swirl marks, paint seal with optimum opti-seal, and wax with OCW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w28t5YCrDZI

Last edited by adversary; 05-17-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Suzuka Master

You keep using the word apply... I agree with SweetJazz... your not going to accomplish any correction on a whole car using polishes by hand.

A lot of these polishes have lubricating oils in them and when using them they look like they are helping but in fact when you go to the glaze the cleaners remove the oils and your back where you started.

But if you must .. go for it but when done each polishing step take rubbing alcohol and wipe the panel to see if you made progress.

Also the Optiseal may not bond to the glaze. And why wax over the Optiseal?

As with some of your other posts you keep bouncing from product to product looking for this magic soultion that doesn't exist. In the mean time you mix information and add confusion to the mix.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Racer

im not trying to remove the swirl marks; i am well aware now that it's a lost cause if i hand apply. at this point, i just want to cover the marks as best as possible until i have the balls to buy myself a PC. the reason why i am mentioning the ultimate polish is because the video that i posted seemed to make the paint a bit more clear.

as with OCW on optiseal, i thought people paint seal first, and then apply wax over it?
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
You keep using the word apply... I agree with SweetJazz... your not going to accomplish any correction on a whole car using polishes by hand.

A lot of these polishes have lubricating oils in them and when using them they look like they are helping but in fact when you go to the glaze the cleaners remove the oils and your back where you started.

But if you must .. go for it but when done each polishing step take rubbing alcohol and wipe the panel to see if you made progress.

Also the Optiseal may not bond to the glaze. And why wax over the Optiseal?

As with some of your other posts you keep bouncing from product to product looking for this magic soultion that doesn't exist. In the mean time you mix information and add confusion to the mix.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
If you are going to put in hours (a lot of hours especially by hand) to try and polish to hide the swirls, it just may not last all that long anyway.

How often do you wash your car? Reason I ask is because after a few washes it will wipe away whatever was used to hide those swirls. You would just have to ask yourself....if you really want to put in all that effort for something that has a very very good chance of not lasting (if at all working)
Old 05-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
OP, honestly, go for it if you want to hand polish.

I might suggest doing 1/4 of the car at a time though.

In other words, this week wash properly, polish 1/4 of the car and put a good protection on it (wax, sealant, etc...).

Next week repeat but this time polish another 1/4 of the car and put the protection on that portion.

Repeat weekly until done.

If you try to do the entire car by hand, the last 1/2 will really suffer because you will be so wiped out.

If you do 1/4 at a time, in a month your car will be swirl free. Plus if you wash and dry correctly, you won't be introducing any more marring into the paint so it will stay that way!

Alternately, check in to the region specific subforums and see if someone local to you wants to lend you their PC in return for a 12 pack or something.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Suzuka Master

No mayyer what you use for a polish ... doing it by hand your going to need to be concerned with uniformity.

You have already had issues hazing spots with ScratchX ... well the same can be done with any polish if constant and even pressure and passes aren't the same all over the car.

Things are going to change as you get tired.

I'd forget the hand polishing and go with a glaze ( which won't last too long ) with a wax over it, not a sealant because the sealant could have trouble bonding to the glaze.

I don't use glazes so I can't recommend one. Someone else might chime in here.