Bought a G100 Electronic Dual Action Polisher

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought a G100 Electronic Dual Action Polisher

Like the title states, I bought a DA Polisher. I was able to get it for $149 with a backing plate, duffel bag, and a W8006 pad. I also purchased a W9006 pad for applying wax. I am brand new to this whole DA thing, so could anyone recommend some waxes? I have a Carbon Gray Pearl TSX, and I would like to make it as shinny as possible. Also, what are some good compounds that are SAFE, and easy for a beginner to use that won't destroy my paint? Has anyone used the Meguiars DA? I am pretty sure it's the same thing as the Porter cable. Well, if someone could help me out, that would be great.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a great price for the G100. Megs online price is $200+. The condition of the your paint and how severe the surface defects are will dictate what polish should be used (degree of abrasiveness). The W8006 pad is for light polishing (surface defects like light swirls and minor scratches). There are a number of polishes you can use that would work. PB SSR2, Optimum Polish, Four Star Ultimate SMR will correct these defects without any problems. There are also a number of waxes/sealants available. I highly recommend Four Star UPP though there are other products available like DG 111which is a pure sealant. I'm sure some of the other guys will have additional comments and input . . .

Last edited by Hawhyen51; 04-16-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Danny, I hope your up for work and not suffering insomnia!
JL, thats a prety good price for a machine warranted for as long as you own it! I have one I need to send into the shop for some new brushes!
Haw mentioned a few products I couldnt agree with more! The Four Star Body Shop an excellent line of polishes. Its really up to you to figue out which is necessary, although I probably use the LCC more then anything. Its a good all around swirl reducer/eliminator.
Again, as mentioned, Four Star UPP or Duragloss #111, both stellar sealants for your car........If the car was in real good shape, I would have recommended #105. You may still use that as a source of protection after your initial go around this time. Your next area of concern would be pads. Im not sure the Yellow pad your speaking of (9006) is going to have enough bite for swirls. I know it says polishing pad, but IME, it just lacks the punch needed for most swirls, at least from an effortless standpoint. It can be done, but the last thing you need is discouragement from too much time polishing, and too little results. Correct pad choices are crucial to both machine/user and product being used. If the pad is too soft, the job becomes very "product" dependant. Too stiff (course), too pad dependant. As a beginner, you need to find a happy median with which you can achieve desired results, in an appropriate amount of time, with minimal effort. Now for some reason, Megs jumps from the Yellow pad, to the maroon pad, which leaves a whole crapload of area to wonder. Luckily Lake Country filled those needs, with two additional pads, one for very light polishing, and one for light to medium swirl removal.
Also look here, for tips on PC use! Any questions you know where to go!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nah, I got up cause my S/O was getting ready for work so I decided to go brew the coffee and make breakfast. Great link for using the PC. Is there one here? BTW, I'm workin' on a Detailing Acronym List and it's pretty much ready to get posted. Hopefully, I got almost everything covered.