Bird Poop Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 161 Posts
Bird Poop Question

I'm on the Acura RDX part of the forum and we're trying to figure out how to get out the "ghost" stain of bird poop. Meaning, after you wash the car, you can still see where the poop used to be. I had been using 70% isopropyl alcohol to get off bird poop without leaving a stain, but today I found an area that got hit and the alcohol didn't work. Is there a product that helps? If the answer is that I have to correct the actual clear coat, then I'm wondering how people do that since birds poop on their cars all the time. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
if the bird poop was on there for too long before being removed, it may have itched into your clear coat, thus leaving that ghost stain your referring to.
any detailing wax or spray should be able to get it out with elbow grease otherwise
Old 06-15-2019, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MyGuti
if the bird poop was on there for too long before being removed, it may have itched into your clear coat, thus leaving that ghost stain your referring to.
any detailing wax or spray should be able to get it out with elbow grease otherwise
Do you have a recommendation for a product that has worked for you? Thanks!
Old 06-15-2019, 09:15 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
a wax or spray will be a cleaner wax or a filler spray...meaning, it just fills in....and doesnt get rid of the etched poop.

will need to be paint corrected with a random orbital polisher and a polish. if you cant get it out with the machine and polish, then it needs to be wet sanded.

I thought we went over this, lol
Old 06-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by justnspace
a wax or spray will be a cleaner wax or a filler spray...meaning, it just fills in....and doesnt get rid of the etched poop.

will need to be paint corrected with a random orbital polisher and a polish. if you cant get it out with the machine and polish, then it needs to be wet sanded.

I thought we went over this, lol
I made an update to the thread, there's been additional happenings!
Old 12-05-2019, 02:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've used 5 to 1 Woolite in ghost bird poop and it worked wonders. This is on an 04 TSX I just aquired. I'm sure the previous owner didn't even try. But my guess, it's been on there for months. Give it a shot.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:22 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Foam cannons definitely have helped me when I am trying to wash my car, after it’s been bombed by birds. I let the thick foam start working for about 30 seconds before putting my wash mitt on and start scrubbing.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:26 PM
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by DriverOne
I'm on the Acura RDX part of the forum and we're trying to figure out how to get out the "ghost" stain of bird poop. Meaning, after you wash the car, you can still see where the poop used to be. I had been using 70% isopropyl alcohol to get off bird poop without leaving a stain, but today I found an area that got hit and the alcohol didn't work. Is there a product that helps? If the answer is that I have to correct the actual clear coat, then I'm wondering how people do that since birds poop on their cars all the time. Thanks in advance.
Always carry a small bottle of Meguiar’s Detail Spray and a Zymol microfiber cloth (these cloths don’t contain silicone sizing). As soon as you notice the bird excrement, lightly spray the area with the detail spray and place the microfiber cloth over it. This will allow the bird excrement to become loose so it can be wiped away without etching the paint. If the bird excrement has dried / baked on the paint, use the same process above to remove it, then use a dime-size amount Meguiar’s Scratch-X and a microfiber cloth to buff it out. That will do the trick every time.
The following users liked this post:
Kelsen (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 01:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
It requires some type of abrasive to remove the etching in the CC.