Ballpoint pen ink

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ballpoint pen ink

Hey guys,
I tried to do a search for "pen" and "ink" but it says that the words are too short. Anyways... long story short, someone left a red ballpoint pen in the handle section of the passenfer seat with the pen pointed upwards. There was no cap on the pen. When it got warm this afternoon the ink started coming out of the tip. So i ended up getting a few drops of red ink on the perforated section in my front passenger side door.

Before i try any leather cleaner and maybe make it worse.

What's the best way to clean it? I was pretty mad when i saw it. But no sense continuing to be mad, what's done is done.

Any advice?

thanks
Old 06-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Thriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alin10123
Hey guys,
I tried to do a search for "pen" and "ink" but it says that the words are too short. Anyways... long story short, someone left a red ballpoint pen in the handle section of the passenfer seat with the pen pointed upwards. There was no cap on the pen. When it got warm this afternoon the ink started coming out of the tip. So i ended up getting a few drops of red ink on the perforated section in my front passenger side door.

Before i try any leather cleaner and maybe make it worse.

What's the best way to clean it? I was pretty mad when i saw it. But no sense continuing to be mad, what's done is done.

Any advice?

thanks
I ordered this a while back but I've been too lazy to use it. I remembered it included an ink remover. Good luck...
http://leatherz.com/Merchant2/mercha...tegory_Code=Z3
Old 06-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my limited knowledge in detailing I remember being told that by spraying AQUA-NET hairspray on a clean towel and then gently rubbing it to the affected area should remove the ink. It may take a few tries but i'm told it works.