Anyone Use Meguiars Gold Class Leather Gel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Currently Post-Acura

Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts
Anyone Use Meguiars Gold Class Leather Gel?

As the title says, has anyone tried Meguiars Gold Class leather clueing/conditioning gel? I've used everything else and I kinda want to try this. The wipes, to me, are useless for cleaning but I guess may help for some protection. The spray isn't bad, and is what I've been using lately for cleaning with a terry cloth towel and a soft brush. The lotion is probably my favorite for it's results (seems to clean best with minimal greasiness), but how annoying it is to actually get out of the bottle after doing the rest of my car gets annoying. I'm thinking maybe the gel would be good since the pump helps to actually get it out, it won't be as thick to use with the brush, although I haven't used the lotion with the brush, and they say it's some "new" formula (I guess in 2010) compared to the others. My leather isn't that bad, but maintaining beige gets annoying after a while, especially with some spots that don't seem to get as clean as the majority of the seat. I've thought about using other products, but I like the Meguiars for its convenience as an all-in-one product and it's price around me is cheaper compared to finding and purchasing Zaino since I live in NJ.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't go wrong with Lexol. Most trusted cleaners on the market. I love it. But I love Meguires too. In this case Lexol is your friend.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Clean with the Woolite solution ... treat with what you like .. your treating the coating not the leather anyway.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Currently Post-Acura

Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts
I never got Lexol since my mom found some old Zymol under the sink (said it was probably for our leather couch we got like 15 years ago). Seemed to smell fine and it did help clean some dirt spots off my seat. Followed that up with the Meguiars to add the conditioner back even though its a cleaner/conditioner combination in all of their products I have. Seems like the gel works decently, but the lotion seems to just leave a better feeling on the seat. I'll have to see again when it isn't so damn hot when I wash my car and I can really take my time to get my interior spotless.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How often do you guys clean/condition the leather? I use the lotion btw.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
i wipe my seats/interior with a damp microfibre cloth weekly....maybe once a year i wipe the seats down with a meguiars leather wipe...thats about it...my stuff looks brand new
Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnier6
i wipe my seats/interior with a damp microfibre cloth weekly....maybe once a year i wipe the seats down with a meguiars leather wipe...thats about it...my stuff looks brand new
Wow, I don't wipe it down weekly - just when I wash the car - but the cleaner/conditioner I use probably every 6 mo's - hopefully that isn't too much. Could using it that often have negative effects?